Witch Pedal Box For Ke70 Other Than Ae71

yohann

Members dont see this ad
hey all.

its a litle hard to find those.wondered if i could use a T18 or a celica pedale box.?

thanks!

T18 with some mods, or you could use an ae86 clutch pedal, and ae71 auto pedalbox for the brake and to hold the steering column, and swap to the brake pedal from the original ke70 pedal box with the wide auto pedal.

Works perfect.

why not just use the KE70 manual pedal box and drill a hole into the clutch fork then set up the master cylinder and the rod that goes into the master it has been done before if you were wanting a hydraulic clutch

Just depends if you have an auto or manual car doesnt it? If I had an auto e7 and no ae71 pedalbox Id just get any manual ke70 brake pedal, swap it in, and source an ae86 clutch pedal and mount, which is cheap. Drill 3 or 4 holes and its perfect. Its not too hard to make your own solid line either to suit adm or jdm t50s.

Just depends if you have an auto or manual car doesnt it? If I had an auto e7 and no ae71 pedalbox Id just get any manual ke70 brake pedal, swap it in, and source an ae86 clutch pedal and mount, which is cheap. Drill 3 or 4 holes and its perfect. Its not too hard to make your own solid line either to suit adm or jdm t50s.

I did a manual conversion just recently on my ae71 usin ke pedal box and pedals and the only problem with just putting a clutch pedal onto the auto pedal box is there is a cover that holds one side of the bolt that holds the clutch pedal!!!

nah man i tried that with my ae71 pedal box it didnt work because the auto doesnt have the little cage thing to hold the pedal like i said in my previuos post i shall get pics if you need them

Of course it doesn't have the clutch mount, that's why you use an ae86 one, its a standalone clutch pedal, just like the piece that holds the clutch pedal in an ae71 pedal array but its separate to the brake pedal assembly. It just sits there right next to it, basically touching it. I don't know what metal tab you refer to thats in the way, I think I need pics? All you need to do is bolt in a complete ae86 clutch pedal, and swap out a brake pedal, not the mount and all. If there is a tab in the way grind it off.

The thing about the t18 box is it moves the steering wheel a lil bit, and the entire ae86 setup doesn't hold the steering column at all. Thats why the auto brake mount is great, it holds the steering in the correct spot and mounts the brake pedal.

here is what i'm talkin about a couple of pics!!!

ae71 auto pedal box

post-7244-1234581243_thumb.jpg

ke70 clutch pedal box cage thing!!!

post-7244-1234581306_thumb.jpg

If you have an ae86 clutch pedal, hold it there and see that it fits, if not, how can you say works and what doesnt? It sits next to it. Not where you say it goes. Ive lined it up and that bit on the firewall where it sits has a special shape to it, its an inch or two over from that spot youve indicated there.

Get an AE86 clutch pedal and you will se what I mean. I cannot make any more comments until you know what I'm trying to explain for yourself.

sorry bud my bad i just thought simply because putting a clutch pedal on the ae71 auto pedal box didnt work so i just assumed that it wouldnt work simply because in theory it wouldnt hold it without support from both sides

i understand what ur talkin about now man maybe i shouldnt argue with somebody who has been mucking round with rollas longer than me lol

• 2 weeks later...