Cable Clutch T50

YKE 20T

hi everyone. what i would like to know is was there ever a cable clutch celica 5spd. i think the celica 5spds were t50's but i'm not sure. the reason i ask is i've been busy helping a friend build his sc14 powered 4k ke70. we've finished the install bar drilling the lid for the carburetter box and hooking up the fuel pump. its got the 77mmm pulley on the front and we are expecting some stoopid amounts of air to get pumped. anyway when it gets tuned and back on the road in the next few weeks i don't expect the gearbox to last long under the power or his shifting technique. was hoping there may have been a cable clutch celica 5spd we could adapt using a k 2 tseries bellhousing. if not how hard is it to convert the 70 pedal box so that it will use a clutch master cylinder. any info would be appreciated

here's a pic i'me sure my mate wil post more as i think he has a thread running.

post-2802-1234402269_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

thanks for that info. i only looked in the t series geatbox section of the faq. do you have the model numbers of the vehichles that use the k - t bellhousing. i'm told that the old liteaces had them.

Edited by YKE 20T

i've only ever seen hydro t40/50's from factory, i converted my last t40 on the 5k turbo to cable clutch, was pretty easy, took two attemps because theres 2 differant offsets of flywheel, ones light and the other is heavy, so i have the old setup somewhere for heavy flywheel

be aware there is two differant splines for the t50 boxes, so if you get the wrong one you have to machine up a spacer for the bearing on bellhousing end

Use the K-W bellhousing out of a KR townace (the ones with a 7k in them) My mate was using the bellhousing an gearbox out of the lightace behind his turbo 7k 25. putting out about 250rwhp. Either that or just use the bellhousing and bolt up another W series box.

EDIT: Aparantly you can use a Corona clutch fork with this bellhousing to keep it cable operated.

Edited by SLO-030

thanks for that info. i only looked in the t series geatbox section of the faq. do you have the model numbers of the vehichles that use the k - t bellhousing. i'm told that the old liteaces had them.

I think most the cable operated K-T bells in Aus are from the KE35's that had a T50.

The KM series liteaces (with 4k's or 5k's) had the K-WX0 bellhousing, not T.

Wheres the pics/specs and dyno figures of this 7K turbo in south australia, keep hearing about it

get some up, sounds awesome

cheers

darren

x2 vids/pics/dyno graphs.

180rwkw is a pretty big claim! 7k or not.

Only going by what the builder told me. Either way, it had enough power to REALLY give it a massive set of balls.

specs from what i was told.

7K out of a Townace.

Machined (decompressed) head,

Fully balanced bottom end.

Pretty big turbo

Drawthru weber side draught carb.

Townace belhousing and Commercial gearbox.

KE55 tailshaft, 3.36 banjo shortened from a One Tonner.

XC orange

Black Vinyl interior (overrated, from what i saw)

I could have bought it for $3,000 as is. but didn have the money and it turned up in a car yard 2/3 months later with a BHG and the dealer wanted 6,5000 i think.