Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Removing Tailgate Glass On Ae82?

Featured Replies

I bought a replacement boot/tailgate door for my seca and now i want to paint it. There is nothing worse than seeing a masked line of paint right next to the rubber and not to mention the pain in the ass it is to mask it up so i just want to remove it. Can i take it out and if so, how do I? I want to reuse the glass again to smashing it is not an option.

 

Johno :locked:

I was actually looking at this today, As far as I can see you would have to try to lever the rubber out from the back of the hatch as it is a solid seal.

  • Author

Yeah thats where i was thinking too but i thought it might be sikaflexed. I'll give it a shot and let you know tonight

Yeah thats where i was thinking too but i thought it might be sikaflexed. I'll give it a shot and let you know tonight

 

No dramas, I have only ever removed windows that have a centre surround in the rubber that you remove so they go soft.

  • Author

Well i tried and no good. :locked:

 

I started to pry it open with a screwdriver and the rubber is real stiff and just goes back to its original position. No matter where i tried it was the same :yes:

I am just going to mask it up. I read some where on the net that you can get thick fishing line (2mm thick) and push it under the rubber around the whole seal and then mask the rubber and have a small bit of tape go around and under the rubber. Then when you paint paint, the spray gets under the rubber just a bit. When you finish you wont see any masking line because the line is under the rubber. I'll get some tomorrow morning and try it out.

Ok, I might try on one of my seca's.

the best thing to do if there tight is feed a rope into the rubber on the inside the channel that hooks over the rooflining and use even pressure to push it out, use lube and you should get it out easy, dishwashing liquid or inox will do. Or you could get a windscreen fitter around and theyll do that, you have to be pretty damn rough with toughened glass to break it, sometimes you gotta inch them out but theyll come eventually

 

 

getting it back in will be easier

Edited by TC16

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.