4age Into Ar95r Wagon

toy-ae92

Hi all jst got my ands on a wrecked ae92 and planing to do a full converison into my daily ae95r wagon. has it been done on here before? if so can someone point me in the rigth direction, plans are to strip it all out adn exchange it with all ae92 sx parts, engine interior brakes dash but not sure if the power steering will fit, since the 4wd doesnt have power steering. any tips and helps would be much appreciated,

toy-ae92

Members dont see this ad
I think "Kebin"(?) may have been the user name. And it was a Black top 20v in it.

Kebin's is a 4AGZE.

And as SLO-030 mentioned, some of the blocks have a cut-out in them where the transfer case sticks out (Toyota at their space-saving best), so unless the block of the engine you want to use has that cut out, you'll need to do some angle-grinder work

4AGZEs are much harder too, due to the supercharger location.

• 2 months later...

I just finished my ST 20v into AE95 conversion.

Apparently some of the blocks have the cutout some don't. I don't think mine did as it needed to be ground, great fun trying to get the gearbox on.

I went for a 20v over the 16 (JustJap had halfcuts going very cheaply on ebay I paid $1250 for mine with 116k kms and evidence that the timing belt was done at 104k)

14b2bma.jpg

Excuse the dodgey phone pic.

I'll let you know how it goes when I pick it up from the exhaust/wheel aligners after work, can't wait :y: :) :y:

You need to change the steering rack to ae92 or similar as the ae95s didn't have inbuilt vacumn assist. I think I got that the right way around?

Edited by Instigator