March 19, 200917 yr comment_329365 this may sound stupid, but how is it possible to tell if your vehicle is a ke11. Is it actually stamped on the body number. Cos my car i have purchased has ke10 - B . Does the dash B mean its a ke11 , or is it a ke10 . I own another two ke10s and both of them just have ke10 on the body number. I'm wonder what the dash B stands for on the one i just purchased . Even the original owners manual has it listed as a ke10. i have been told by some that its a ke11 by the grill and tail lights but I'm not so sure now . Edited April 15, 200917 yr by LittleRedSpirit Report
March 19, 200917 yr comment_329376 From what I've seen: Ke10-b's were the first of the ke1x series to have local content. They are all AMI badged, and don't have the York Motors plate like the earlier imported cars did. As you stated they are basically exactly the same as a ke11, with a 3k, the later dash, front bumper, guards, front indicators/parkers, tail lights, grill, etc. Has yours got a Borg Warner diff in it? Most of the ke10-b's I've seen over the years do. If it was a ke11 it would have ke11 at the start of the chassis number. Report
March 19, 200917 yr Author comment_329379 ok thanks so its a ke10 cheers appreciate the good info. my diff has the banjo type , where you can remove it comepletely. no backing plate. is this the borg warner? its been a few years since i played round with the diff Edited March 19, 200917 yr by Ke20nut Report
March 19, 200917 yr comment_329496 I thought that a ke10-b was just an update before the 11 came in. My ke10-b has the later dash/tail llights, AMI badge, but jap diff. Report
March 20, 200917 yr comment_329679 That means it's a KE10-B. My KE10-B has later dash and tail lights with ami badge and aussie diff. I also had a wreck here that was a KE10 with early lights and dash with an aussie diff... Report
March 20, 200917 yr comment_329684 I also have a KE10-B From what i can tell, it is essentially a KE11 body with KE10 engine (K instead of 3K) Mine also has a jap diff, apparently AMI did some of part substitutions which is also evident on my AMI '69 RT40 Corona diff. Report
March 23, 200917 yr comment_330218 KE10B had the flow through ventilation too - plastic vents on the C pillar Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now