$500 Budget... What To Spend

colli

okay guys, me and a few mates have a little competition going.

we have set ourselves a budget of $500 to spend on getting a car and modifying it.

then we are taking these cars to an undisclosed location, and having a series of little comps.

well, ive pretty much purchased a ke70 corolla which is going to leave me with $300.

now. i was thinking of removing all interior and any hanging panels.

is their anything in the engine bay i could remove to gain some weight back?

also, i have a air filter laying around form a 4wd race car, would this be two big for the little 1.3?

also is their any cheap mods i can do to get this thing moving along?

Members dont see this ad

Remove any hanging panels, back seat, windscreens, etc.

Your $200 could be easily spent on a decent service of the motor, that would reap the most reward, since it hasnt got to last for long just leave the aircleaner off, get some new plugs, leads and play with your timing and tuning.

hey lol sound like fun go find some ford au springs cut them for the rear? and cut the stock front springs ? upull it in adelaide sells springs for $11 each? with the left over money find a cheap webber if some one is nice could cost $50 and some extractors for $50-$100 ish? with the remainding money do the spark plugs and leads and rest of the money in av gas lol jj

if your keeping it off road id get a 2" straight pipe(only cost bout $50 because no mufflers), 4wd air cleaner to compliment exhaust, you could get spark leads if you have spare money, weld the diff if the tests include sliding, take out all interior parts (back seat, passenger seat), spare wheel.

also if the engine is running a bit rough give it a lil work over, ie. check spark plugs(gaps, pitting, carbon buildup, if they are crap, buy new ones), timing(premium fuel will allow for aggressive timing), change oil, run a bottle of carby cleaner through,

helpful hint: if your gonna be doing alot of hard cornering don't run the fuel tank on less than 1/3 unless you have surge tank!

have fun

Run through a full tank of petrol with Nulon Complete Petrol System Cleaner (says some bullcrap about being best in the world)

and it really cleans out some of the crap in the system. A good service will cost about $80-100 if you do it yourself.

Personally I'd save your money lol