March 31, 200917 yr comment_332972 Well guys, Heres my new planned project. I'm hopfully picking up a rolling shell mid april for the tidy sum of $200. Has some rust above the drivers side door and rear wheel arch. None in the rails as far as i could see in the pictures ive been provided with. Car: Model: KE38 wagon Colour: Aqua....To be K-pow blue or silver. Body mods: Midly flared rear gaurds Possibly a scoop Suspension: Front: XT130 Struts Early Commodore 6cyl Shocks HD Aurora Lowered Springs Rear: HD Leaf packs, extra leaf, half rebound leaf Calltracs Brakes: Commodore 15/16 MC Stock 38 Booster Front: DBA 015 Hub/rotors, Drilled and Slotted Hilux surf or Mazda 4pot calipers Rear: Standard VN Discs and Calipers Driveline: Engine: 7M-GE from MkIII Supra Dynoed at 120rwkw. ECU: Stock MKIII Supra Trans: MKIII Supra W58 Diff: VN BorgWaner Interior: Stripped Half Cage Modded stock dash Thats all i can think of at the moment. Hoping for this to make a debut at 2010 Adelaide Gazzanats. Please no critisism on why I'm using a 7M or anything liek that. I'm doing it for the build and hopfully to enjoy the end results. :wink: CHEERS Ryan Report
March 31, 200917 yr comment_332974 cool sounds like a wicked machine when you finish it :wink: Report
March 31, 200917 yr comment_333021 WTF, since when? I wanna KE36/8 where are you getting a 7m from? I have a mate with a 71Crown and he want to put a 7m in it. I am Keen to lend you a hand as i want you to leave me the keys one day so i can steal it....shit not out aloud..lame joke Report
March 31, 200917 yr comment_333078 Please no critisism on why I'm using a 7M or anything liek that. I'm doing it for the build and hopfully to enjoy the end results. :wink: So you are aware that you could pick a better engine then!? Let's assume that you're getting it for a bargain basement price off a mate. Is this cheap price worth the cost continual maintenance when if you say bought a 1JZGE thats gunna be a hell of a lot more reliable!? Hell have you seen how cheap you can get a non-turbs 2jz!!!!!....... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-2JZ-24-valve...A1%7C240%3A1318 IMHO 7m's are only any good to replace a foobar'd 7m, or if you have shares in ACL. Report
April 1, 200917 yr comment_333147 Well guys, Heres my new planned project. I'm hopfully picking up a rolling shell mid april for the tidy sum of $200. Has some rust above the drivers side door and rear wheel arch. None in the rails as far as i could see in the pictures ive been provided with. Car: Model: KE38 wagon Colour: Aqua....To be K-pow blue or silver. Body mods: Midly flared rear gaurds Possibly a scoop Suspension: Front: XT130 Struts Early Commodore 6cyl Shocks HD Aurora Lowered Springs Rear: HD Leaf packs, extra leaf, half rebound leaf Calltracs Brakes: Commodore 15/16 MC Stock 38 Booster Front: DBA 015 Hub/rotors, Drilled and Slotted Hilux surf or Mazda 4pot calipers Rear: Standard VN Discs and Calipers Driveline: Engine: 7M-GE from MkIII Supra Dynoed at 120rwkw. ECU: Stock MKIII Supra Trans: MKIII Supra W58 Diff: VN BorgWaner Interior: Stripped Half Cage Modded stock dash Thats all i can think of at the moment. Hoping for this to make a debut at 2010 Adelaide Gazzanats. Please no critisism on why I'm using a 7M or anything liek that. I'm doing it for the build and hopfully to enjoy the end results. :wink: CHEERS Ryan yeah another wags bring on the wags can't wait to see it Report
April 1, 200917 yr Author comment_333232 So you are aware that you could pick a better engine then!? Let's assume that you're getting it for a bargain basement price off a mate. Is this cheap price worth the cost continual maintenance when if you say bought a 1JZGE thats gunna be a hell of a lot more reliable!? Hell have you seen how cheap you can get a non-turbs 2jz!!!!!....... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-2JZ-24-valve...A1%7C240%3A1318 IMHO 7m's are only any good to replace a foobar'd 7m, or if you have shares in ACL. Yea, I am getting it off a mate. Now looking at that 2JZ and how cheap it is I'm considering it. The point of using a 7M is that they're not that common in engine conversions (for obvious reasons) But also found that if you use a Decent HG, sealant, ARP Bolts and torque it down more than OEM specs they can Defend their BHG Rep. Looking at getting most of the body, suspension and diff in the thing. Gives me plenty of time to figure out an engine combo. I wanna go a 6cyl, Use an engine that is readily available and not commonly used. Edited April 1, 200917 yr by SLO-030 Report
April 1, 200917 yr comment_333364 Meh, don't be soft... 1jz's with ecu,loom & auto box go for $900-$1500 :bash: Report
April 1, 200917 yr comment_333387 Yea, I am getting it off a mate. Now looking at that 2JZ and how cheap it is I'm considering it. The point of using a 7M is that they're not that common in engine conversions (for obvious reasons) But also found that if you use a Decent HG, sealant, ARP Bolts and torque it down more than OEM specs they can Defend their BHG Rep. Looking at getting most of the body, suspension and diff in the thing. Gives me plenty of time to figure out an engine combo. I wanna go a 6cyl, Use an engine that is readily available and not commonly used. Used to help a mate out a bit who had a 7mgte in an MA61. And he picked the 7m over a 1jz cause it was slightly cheaper to purchase. Was that a bad decision!!! :S Blew several HGs. When he first got it we checked the tension on the head bolts and they were over 100fp!! :y: Still blew that HG in a couple of weeks with a genuine gasket though. When I was hunting for ARP bolts the 7m ones are the only commonly listed ones in Aus for Toyota motors. Thats still a pricey exercise though as they are "torque to yield" meaning you can only use then once. I was trying to convince a mate with an old RX30 cressy to drop in a 2JZ and fit some tripple side draft webers!! :bash: How cool would that be. Report
April 2, 200917 yr Author comment_333575 MMMMMM carbified engines If i could find one in sa with a manual cog swapper for 900, Id be happy. Anyone done a 3VZ-FE rwd conversion? They're built tough, and apparantly detuned as they originally had power outputs that rivalled the 7M (200hp) and the 2JZ (225hp). Also the possibility they bolt to a S series belhousing. Report
April 2, 200917 yr Author comment_333595 A guy on Toymods has made 3VZ to R seies bellhousing adaptor rings. Meaning i can bolt a 3VZ engine to a R series Bellhousing and then bolt them to a W5* box. So now a 3VZ is a really Viable contender for the power plant in the poor little wagon. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now