Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Project $500 Racing

Featured Replies

This I hope will tell the story of an unloved KE30 who rises from the weeds to become a successful track-day car. As the title reads the budget is just $500usd so there won't be any big boost turbo twincam swaps. I plan to use this car for solo racing so high HP is not that important. I found this little car languishing in disrepair under a sticker bush. Fiddling with the carby I managed to get her moving and away from the bush.

Surprisingly there was little rot but plenty of surface rust and the frame rails were solid.

 

 

Anyway the pics.

 

This is how I found her (try not to cry)

DSCN0461.jpg

 

the air cleaner was on the pass floor.

DSCN0462.jpg

 

I will post more pics as she progresses

wow ! nice find mate, there is an old fella where I'm from that I'm always hassiling to give me his... he will give in one day lol

Nice as, I just bought one in about the same condition for $50AUD however you have the much rarer 2 door.

very nice find mate!i can see you that you have a nice front bar old jap spec and a very handy Gerber tool you have because i have one of this aswell,anyways good luck with the find and keep us posted with the progress of the car?

  • Author

quick update it's out of the weeds and brake parts are coming so she'll stop. I have slicks coming so it'll turn. A Ford Sierra turbo front bar will be modified for this (yay free bar). Rear leafs will have the middle leaf flipped and an additional leaf added. Right now I'm real close to my budget cap and I still need a seat grrrrr. I hope I can sell some parts to recoup some budget for paint and a seat.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.