Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k Weber Upgrade

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

Ive been reading up that 32/36 DGV weber are a good upgrade for k series motors. I'm trying to work out what cars these come of so i can get one from the wreckers and get it rejetted etc.

 

I think XE-F falcons have them, but they have a 3.3l which is considerably bigger than my 5K. I just wanted to make sure that they are ok and if they can be jetted down enough to suit my motor.

 

Also if anyone has done this conversion their advice would be helpful as ive searched the forums and not found much.

 

Cheers

  • Author
thats a 34ADF (think that what they're called) on the falcons.

 

You want to look at TE/TF 2L Cortina's.

 

Ok, that makes it a bit easier, hopefully pick a part will have some

Might also help to pay a visit to some of the Datsun forums. Alot of the guys on there use them so you should be able to find one with a bit of searching. Also, L series adaptor plates for a 32/36 are the same as the K series manifold, so you might be able to score both as part of a deal. That way you won't have to fork out more money for a new adaptor plate.

Also, I previously had a 32/36 on my car. Very easy to put on if you are willing to have a go.

 

Basically, unbolt old carbie, bolt on adaptor plate to manifold (with gasket in between) then carbie onto adaptor plate (again with gasket between). From there, just remove and plug up all the random vacuum lines apart from the vacuum advance from the Weber to the dizzy. You will need a small piece of 1/4? inch fuel hose (and 2 pipe clamps) to go from the original metal fuel line to the Weber as the stock line screws into the stock carbie, where as the Weber just has a hose barb. You may have to make your own throttle wheel/linkage for the carbie as some of them are a mechanical throttle as opposed to a cable pull. I use the one from the stock carbie and "modified" it to suit the Weber. I also just made a custom little bracket to hold the throttle cable in place. Basicaly a bit of mild steel bent to shape, welded, then bolted to some of the spare threads that are ontop of the rocker cover. There is a picture in the FAQ of a Nikki carbie onto k series which was on Medicine_Man's 4k. I used that as a guide when I did mine. Also, here is what mine used to look like if it helps.

 

post-2858-1240916327_thumb.jpg

 

Hope that helps.

 

-Alex

 

 

 

Edit: Wrong photo :P

Edited by bLinded_

The only difference is they are a 32/32 which is much rarer and probably better suited to the k engines but 32/36 has worked for heaps of people

  • Author
Also, I previously had a 32/36 on my car. Very easy to put on if you are willing to have a go.

 

Basically, unbolt old carbie, bolt on adaptor plate to manifold (with gasket in between) then carbie onto adaptor plate (again with gasket between). From there, just remove and plug up all the random vacuum lines apart from the vacuum advance from the Weber to the dizzy. You will need a small piece of 1/4? inch fuel hose (and 2 pipe clamps) to go from the original metal fuel line to the Weber as the stock line screws into the stock carbie, where as the Weber just has a hose barb. You may have to make your own throttle wheel/linkage for the carbie as some of them are a mechanical throttle as opposed to a cable pull. I use the one from the stock carbie and "modified" it to suit the Weber. I also just made a custom little bracket to hold the throttle cable in place. Basicaly a bit of mild steel bent to shape, welded, then bolted to some of the spare threads that are ontop of the rocker cover. There is a picture in the FAQ of a Nikki carbie onto k series which was on Medicine_Man's 4k. I used that as a guide when I did mine. Also, here is what mine used to look like if it helps.

 

post-2858-1240916327_thumb.jpg

 

Hope that helps.

 

-Alex

 

 

Edit: Wrong photo :P

 

 

Did you notice a decent performance gain over the standard carby? At the moment i believe the motor has a 3k carby on it so it is probably under powered at the moment.

Edited by nikctime21

Hi,

 

Ive been reading up that 32/36 DGV weber are a good upgrade for k series motors. I'm trying to work out what cars these come of so i can get one from the wreckers and get it rejetted etc.

 

I think XE-F falcons have them, but they have a 3.3l which is considerably bigger than my 5K. I just wanted to make sure that they are ok and if they can be jetted down enough to suit my motor.

 

Also if anyone has done this conversion their advice would be helpful as ive searched the forums and not found much.

 

Cheers

 

There was a 32/36 DGAV on one of the 4 cyl cortina's at centre rd wreckers a few weeks back. Might be worth grabbing that one if your close by.

Did you notice a decent performance gain over the standard carby? At the moment i believe the motor has a 3k carby on it so it is probably under powered at the moment.

 

To me, yes. But that was mainly because the stock Aisan one was half dead. That being said, when I put it on, it was jetted for a 1.6 and I had in on my 4k, so it was a tad sluggish down low, but it did make more power up high. By itself, it isn't a massive upgrade, but if you combine it with some other basic mods, it would be better.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.