Extractors Help

KE70PWR

hey guys i just put extractors on my 4k motor and it is not running right

in high revs its great but down low its shit house

of course there are some hoses that don't connect buck up to anything when you put extractors on

but what hoses do need to be connected still and which ones can i get rid off

just want to make it run right

thanks guys its working now

:D :fuzz:

Edited by KE70PWR

Members dont see this ad

could need a tune up, has a vacuum leak, or both

get a mist squirter and spray a little water around inlet/exhaust manifold to check for leak while its running. revs die = leak

did you check the inlet and extractors with a straight edge before putting them back? there was a thread about the flange of the extractors being slightly bigger than inlet flange a few days ago

just a few ideas

you need the distributer vac advance & charcoal canister line, check out the vacuum diagrams in the faq

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit..._System_Diagram

ok no leak in manifold but still can't get it to run right

low revs under load its shit but high revs its cool

tried adjusting the fuel mixture made it a bit better but still doing it

when its cold runs good at low revs lol any help

i sprayed so much water on it its not funny and didnt react at all so no manifold leak yeah moving the mixture screw helped but didnt fix.

if i pull the choke on when i take off its fine then push it in when it gets above about 2000 rpm lol

Stock carb?? What vac hoses are hooked up and to where??

There aren't any hoses hooked to the exhaust manifold, so nothing on the inlet should have changed...

How are the thicknesses of the manifold flanges?? Same, or are the inlet flanges thinner where the bolts go on?

Edited by altezzaclub

stock carb

all hoses still hooked up apart from the hoses that were connected to the old exhaust manifold

flanges are the same i think the washers are sitting flat and no leaks sprayed water around them and nothing changes

\yeah but i just found a hose that went to the front of the manifold like a black plug that screws in and has 2 hoses coming out of it one of them has broken off is that a hose to do with emmission control or something else i blocked it off and it did not help

\yeah but i just found a hose that went to the front of the manifold like a black plug that screws in and has 2 hoses coming out of it one of them has broken off is that a hose to do with emmission control or something else i blocked it off and it did not help

G`day mate, I had an incidence years ago where I inadvertantly over tightened the bolt that holds your air cleaner on. That tends to slightly warp the top half of your carby and it runs like puss. Worth a try.