Tape Player

KE70_Rolla

Ok so I have got a KE70 Corolla with the stock standard tape player in it, I want to put in a cd player with only the rear speaker wires on the wirring harness to the cd player.

What I am after is the tape player wirring diagram if anyone has it because I don't understand which wires to cut because there are 3 different connections to the tape player and only wires to connect for the cd player.

Any help would be much appreiciated.

If this is in the wrong place I am really sorry, new to the thread, if it is please put it where it is supposed to be if need be.

Jay

Edited by KE70_Rolla

Members dont see this ad

Its not that hard to work out. Speaker wires cannot be mistaken for anything else. Check which colour wires are connected to the rear speakers. Then you know which colour wires to cut near the tape player, and wire into you CD player.

If they are are the same colour front to rear - Then trace the wires and see whether they lead to the rear of the car along the sills, or into the kick panels and through into the front door.

The other wires:

-Earth (usually black)

-Accessory Wire

-Constant Power

A test light will help there.

Someone's camera has no macro function :)

Just a guess:

Both blue ones are speakers, both red ones are speakers. They share common earth (white).

Everything else, I'm really not sure. As previously stated, earth (as in power earth) is usually black. Speaker wires are usually similar colored, and sometimes striped. If they have wires coming between them, good chance they are speaker wires that share common earth.

If your headunit has no earth wire, look at the casing, some factory headunits have a little tab on the body that you use as earth.