• 6 months later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, ive been in Darwin for years now...... but you may know me from another forum or by my car. (i'll let you all work this one out).

Anyway ive just picked up my ride from victoria and will be back in darwin after new years. Go cruisin with other rolla's sounds like fun!

Can you tell me if there is a functioning corolla club in Darwin? or does every1 just chill from the forum here.

Catch ya later

Ron

Welcome Ron.

You're not the red KE10's owner are you??? Either way, which motor do you have in your KE10?

The Darwin/NT section of RollaClub doesn't really have any regular meetings, but we have had two cruises so far (we haven't been operating very long) and I'm going to try and get a few done next year, but will be slightly hampered with trying to organise a wedding for July.

Anyway, hope to see you posting regularly. Activity in the Darwin section has died down a fair bit of late, but we've got around about ten members up here and recently had someone from Katherine join.

I've got a RollaClub sticker or two I'd be happy to set aside for you if you're interested.

• 3 months later...

*stumbles into the room*

hi all

My names luke and i have a 2000 moel hyundai accent as my daily hack

I also am in the build of a AE86 corolla just saving the $$$ to get it all going nicely when I'm done ill have a 100kw bigport engine with a few goodies.

thats all for now cause i gotta scoot to work.

bye.

Luke - congratulations on joining. Should be good to see how you go with the Sprinter.

And just so you know for when you try to buy a 4A-GE, the bigport 4A-GE is only 88kW, the smallport 4A-GE is the 100kW version. You don't want to go and spend extra to get the more powerful version only to find out you've been gipped.

ancullen: i had my wires crossed lol it is a bigport but it would def make more than a standard engine well this one isnt quite 100% standard ;)

TVIS removed, a very very nice set of exctactors and a few other secret squirrel things...

and i paid a buttload less for it then what you would normally pay for something like this *cough*a grand*cough* kinda like buying a half cut but its a whole car :P when i buy rickys sprinter ill have two of everything :)

plus will have some more goodies on and in the motor when its done :P

well depending on the budget of course but yes very big plans i have.

looking to do most of the work myself if i can, tools and skills depending of course :P

Its going to proudly wear a BUILT NOT BOUGHT sticker, something that is sady not common in the modding of a japanese car...

ill tell yous more on the cruise if you likey, one i start talking about the car its hard to shut me up :P

Can't wait to check it all out. BTW, I don't know how well you know Blake (Red_GLi from BoostCruising) but his Sprinter should be pretty groovy when he finishes it. After owning it only a couple of weeks he'd already sent off for coilovers, and he plans on keeping it N/A with quad throttles. Should make some okay power - he was talking 130 at the wheels. If he meant horsepower, he should easily do it, if he was talking kilowatts he's got a fair bit of spending to do yet.

Its going to proudly wear a BUILT NOT BOUGHT sticker, something that is sady not common in the modding of a japanese car...

What are you trying to say luke, do you think i just got someone to do all those mods to my "purple people eater". Sorry your wrong, why would i pay someone to do it when i can do it just as well if not bettermyself, because i can take the time to get everything right the first time, rather than rushing it to satisfy a customer that doesn't like paying up. mehh

rolla has better fuel ecconomy anyway, i'll just drive it. :lolcry:

What are you trying to say luke, do you think i just got someone to do all those mods to my "purple people eater". Sorry your wrong, why would i pay someone to do it when i can do it just as well if not bettermyself, because i can take the time to get everything right the first time, rather than rushing it to satisfy a customer that doesn't like paying up. mehh

rolla has better fuel ecconomy anyway, i'll just drive it. :lolcry:

whoa ronsky mate cool it.

that post was nowhere near aimed at you.

I was more aiming at people with nice/fast cars who wouldnt even know where to put the oil in, let alone anything actually technical. :lolcry:

Part if doing a car up is learning to do stuff your self IMO, please don't think that post was aimed at you in any way dude.

• 2 months later...

I've seen you around town. I almost followed you one day (when you were heading down Temple Terrace) but decided against it. What's she got? I've seen the scoop, and I assumed it might be a 4A-GZE. Am I right, or is she still K-powered?

• 2 months later...