Xt130 Twin Pot On Ke70

mikey_m

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use the XT130 LCAs it gives about 1º-2º negative camber, so I guess if you use standard KE arms, then it would probably stay close to 0º. I've only ever had my car with XT130 LCAs and struts, or standard LCAs and XT struts, but with camber tops, so I don't have any comparative photos or just plain struts by them selves. The main problem is the fat Corona hubs will give a fair bit more track, so may cause flush fitting wheels to poke out even more.

Edited by bLinded_

if you using the pug/hilux rotors, with standard lcas

you have to use the corona steering arms which give you more neg camber, ae86 steering arms don't work are the rotor hits the lca unless your using a corona arms

if you using the pug/hilux rotors, with standard lcas

you have to use the corona steering arms which give you more neg camber, ae86 steering arms don't work are the rotor hits the lca unless your using a corona arms

That sucks. So will AE86 p/steering arms work with standard corona struts/brakes?

Yes they can work with the standard Corona brakes...But the rotor will slightly foul on the end of the LCA. I Just gave the end of the LCA a few love taps with a hammer to slightly flatten off the bit that touched, and it works a treat. :wink:

OK Guys

To Explain the conversion, there is a little more than just changing the brakes. The whole conversions looks like this.

- Corona Struts Converted to Coilovers (Otomoto Kit)

- Noltec Camber / Castor Tops

- Corona Hubs

- Corona Twin Piston Calipers

- Corona DBA Slotted Discs

- Corona XT130 LCAs

- Corona Steering Arms

- JB1712 Master (Pajero)

- 14" Wheels

Without adjusting any camber at the top, the car sits at 0', there is tonnes of movement still available, I am hoping for anything between 1.5' to 2.5'

So as you can see there is a little more than jsut upgrading the brakes.

All the above fits without any fabrication or special adjustments, steering arms did not hit the wheels, turns left to right 3.5 full rotations.

Standard KE steering arms do not fit this conversion, I have read but not tried AE86 steering arms. This might be the next step in understanding this conversion.

I hope this helps to clear up the conversion.

+20mm O/A increase if XT130 LCAs are used, aswell as what ever the hubs add. Unsure of the hub offset though, so I don't know an exact answer there.

How 15x7 -2 wheels sat on stock guards with Xt130 Struts, hubs and LCAs for an idea of track increase.

aaamovwcs7nx2f3neiq8sn9ql0tstl7xiy0exto3g4blxtrn5wl6p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted the JB1712 MC to my KE35 yesterday. Have run into a snag. The front brake line outlet doesn't have a tapered seat for the brake line to seal against, and as a result my front brake line is weeping. Did yours do this?

Wondering if there is a fitting I can screw into it which will then allow me to use the brake line I have...