Xt130 Twin Pot On Ke70

mikey_m

I didn't end up with a banjo fitting.

My local brake shop got a fitting in for me from Brakequip. Its a screw in male-female adaptor, and the female adaptor has the cone shaped seat for the double flare on a toyota brake line to seal against.

Cost $10 including a copper washer at trade price.

Hopefully it all works when I fit it tomorrow!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't end up with a banjo fitting.

My local brake shop got a fitting in for me from Brakequip. Its a screw in male-female adaptor, and the female adaptor has the cone shaped seat for the double flare on a toyota brake line to seal against.

Cost $10 including a copper washer at trade price.

Hopefully it all works when I fit it tomorrow!

^^^ Thsi works 100%, I did exactly the same.

I am quite interested in this conversion. Thanks for the write up.

One question though do you need to convert to coilover type setup?

Do you know if the XT130 strut tops would bolt up to the KE strut tower?

I was thinking of doing this conversion but just running a shock and spring combination as it will be a little cheaper than converting to coilover setup. I wonder if you just need to use the original KE/AE strut top bolted onto the spring/shock combo and it will work.

I am thinking with new shocks and springs etc this conversion could be done for less than $500.

What is your opinion of the brakes so far and what sort of thing are you using them for? i.e race, grip days or just general street with a bit of spirited driving. What is your opinion on fade etc. :hmm:

I am quite interested in this conversion. Thanks for the write up.

One question though do you need to convert to coilover type setup?

Do you know if the XT130 strut tops would bolt up to the KE strut tower?

I was thinking of doing this conversion but just running a shock and spring combination as it will be a little cheaper than converting to coilover setup. I wonder if you just need to use the original KE/AE strut top bolted onto the spring/shock combo and it will work.

I am thinking with new shocks and springs etc this conversion could be done for less than $500.

What is your opinion of the brakes so far and what sort of thing are you using them for? i.e race, grip days or just general street with a bit of spirited driving. What is your opinion on fade etc. :lolcry:

Opionion - Bloody Fantastic - She Stops really good, somtimes a bit too good, got to b careful how hard I push now :P

There is no need for coilovers, I am not confident on XT130 Strut Tops, but you can probably adapt easily AE86 tops to XT130 Struts. But the rest will fit no problems at all and just bolt together. At the end of the day the mentioned conversion simiply removed the factory springs replaceing them with coilovers and added AE86 Camber Tops, LCAs, Brakes, Strut and Steering arsm are all XT130 and just bolt in.

I use them in a Rally Car, but for both street and on track works very well, although if you are just using them on the street EBC Ceramic Pads are not necessary, you will get good semi-performance lower temp padsd from Bendix and Ferodo etc.

Good Luck with it, it has been pretty cheap for me and I surprised how well it works.