Trev's 1990 Fzr250rr (yamaha)

Trev

Been busy the last few months re-arranging my car collection (almost down to 3) but gladly I was able to keep the AE71 and buy the bike.

1990 Fzr250RR, 02 import now with 31000k's on it, I'm still on me RE L's so I can only ride it when my mates ride and I love it, There is no better feeling then the wind passing you, Here are the pics (some are from when it was at the dealership):

post-1373-1249085194_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1249085245_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1249085342_thumb.jpg

Had to take a pic of it when I was servicing it the other night:

post-1373-1249085434_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Temporary Aussie!!! how is the bike going mate, been for a ride since the service?

Nah only the squirt around the block the other night, I think I might replace the fuel pump but that is 326 bucks that I don't have at the moment, I went and got the oil filter today so I will probably change the oil when we move as I have to take the exhaust off to do it.

At 20000 rpm no one can hear you scream, LOL. Nice bike. Why replace the fuel pump, it runs carbies right? Don't often hear of carbied bikes fuel pumps dying, some don't even have them (gravity feed from tank to carbs) If its a performance issue, its unlikely to be a fuel pump problem.

Edited by machg

At 20000 rpm no one can hear you scream, LOL. Nice bike

Ha, It only revs to 18000 and from where I sit You hardly notice, You just feel the limiter and go oh next gear but it is quite loud doing a 10000rpm free rev, Can't wait till tomorrows ride.

any reason why you didnt go the honda route? CBR250RR ?

Was actually looking at them but always wanted the fzr, CBR's are highly priced (mainly due to the fanboy perspective) and was told that CBR's generally carry a high sale price as dealerships have to spend a bit of money on them to make them suitable for resale as they normally carry high maintenance issues from being flogged, In the end I was looking at the ZX2-R ninja, The FZR250 and the CBR250's, I ended up finding this FZR for 4k but got it down to $2990 ride away as I paid cash.

Edited by Trev

Lucky bastard, my bikes in the shed until it gets a bit warmer/less dangerous (bloody Tasmanian winters)

Funny thing is is that my mates ride nakeds so they don't really like night/cold riding as the wind hits them alot more than it hits me, I took my mates XBR500 for a ride and I can see why, If I could I would be on mine all the time.

Funny thing is is that my mates ride nakeds so they don't really like night/cold riding as the wind hits them alot more than it hits me, I took my mates XBR500 for a ride and I can see why, If I could I would be on mine all the time.

Yeah, my bikes got a full fairing, but that doesn't help much when your hands are so numb you struggle to apply the front brake or you hit a patch of black ice...

Edited by machg

• 3 weeks later...

Bike is running quite lean at the moment so its at work so I can make a frame up to suit bikes on the dyno, Once done It will be dyno tuned and the boss is also trying to get me to put some silly spray on it, He will set it up if I pay for the parts and I trust his decisions as he has owned several bikes including a number of fzr's.