Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stripping Paint Off Of Ma61s

Featured Replies

Hey all iv just got some MA61s but the guy who had them before me painted them black iv got the paint stripper on to them but its taking much longer then I anticipated. I have cleaned some up a fair bit but its just the last bit of pain and on others the inside pieces don't want to come clean. The first dab of stripper got the paint to blister in a matter of seconds and the brush was able to get it down to the metal, but from then on it seams like slow going. I'm weary of using a ruff surface, scraper or anything like that cos I don't want to scratch them. At the moment I'm just trying with a stiff brush and a tooth brush. Has any one tried a scraper on them before or have an idea about how to speed things up.

 

Also when I got the rims I was told that the stock nuts off of the 13” alloys would work is this right?

 

This is the best one but it still has some paint on it and some of the others are much worse.

post-8311-1249561674_thumb.jpg

Save yourself the heartache and sweat.... Get the tyres removed and drop them off to your local powdercoating/media blasting place to be acid dipped. Doesn't cost much, and the results are perfect. A clean slate to either repaint or polish them up.

  • Author

Sounds like a good plan needed to take at least 2 of em off anyway, don't suppose u know a good place here in Adelaide.

Acid dipping won't damage the alloy?

 

I have some intra alloys I need to clean up, mainly crappy peeling lacquer.

 

Acid will turn em white.

bull SH#T acid will bring them up mickey mouse if its the right type

 

what do you think engine recon place's use to clean cylinder heads and blocks a pressure washer :D :D

I've had several sets done including a very expensive set of japanese 18's and there's been no damage. As stated above its the type and dilution of the acid used... any shop worth their fee will have the ratios right. If not, well... I guess they owe you some wheels :D

  • Author
I've had several sets done including a very expensive set of japanese 18's and there's been no damage. As stated above its the type and dilution of the acid used... any shop worth their fee will have the ratios right. If not, well... I guess they owe you some wheels :D

 

If they screw up i get some new wheels looks like i can't lose :D

  • 3 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.