Ke70 Rims

oh those hahaha, sorry, just normal rims lol. theres heaps of those over here in NZ aye, but they just have hub caps, most commonly found on FWD cars, but some rwd corollas have them at the wreckers..

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well.. my previous car was a commodore haha

18s or 17s..for a cheap package u are looking at $1600 tyre and rim..

for those people who arent willing to lay down some rubber and just cruise their car about (no matter how much money has been put into the motor), mags are perfect..but to use them as a rim for drifting or having some fun..throwing money down the toilet..thats my opinion anyway

Here in Melbourne we call them "Interceptors". Every tom dick and harry has them on their bloody VL commodore. I personally cannot stand them.

Search the wreckers for the following cars and you might stumble across what you want.

I just copied this from a webpage, so ignore the cars we don't have in Aus.

4 on 4-1/2 (114.3 mm)

Acura - Legend '86-'89

Buick - Special '61-'63

Chevrolet

Corvair all 4-bolt

Chevy II all 4-bolt

Sprint '85-'87

Nova ('61-'70)

Datsun/Nissan - most models to '89

Dodge Colt '79-'88

Dodge Colt (early)

Ford

Mustang all '65-'68 4-bolt

Falcon, Maverick, Granada all 4-bolt

Mazda - 626, RX7 '83-'87 ????

MGA, MGB, MGC

Olds - F-85 '61-'63

Plymouth - Arrow, Sapporo '79-'88

SAAB all ???

SAAB - 900 to '87

Toyota - most exc. MR2 and P.U. to '89

Triumph TR 1..6

Hope this helps.

P.S. I would be looking for a standard toyota item. I just prefer most toyota wheels, compared to plain old Interceptors that you find on taxies.

Edited by kangaroosa

i don't mind steelies, especially if they have big dish and are chromed or painted/powdercoated black/white with hubbies or dress rims. far better than buying some ugly modern silver 5 spoke thing and ruining the look of your car

afaik, there is no 15" pursuit-style rim which bolts directly onto rwd corollas

a common trick with rotaries is to get a van steelie (15x4) of the right stud pattern, and a set of commodore pursuit rims (15x6), or just buy some 15x6" outer bands, and take them to someone who can weld the center from the van rims into the wider outer. then you have 15x6 rims with the right stud pattern and whatever offset you want

for a stock corolla with 15s, you want about 110mm backspacing and 195/50/15 tyres

i don't know if any vans have corolla stud pattern (rotaries are 4x110), so have a look around at the wreckers. i do know honda legends have a 15" steelie with the right stud pattern, however you need to find 4 cars and take the spare from each, as the luxury model honda comes with factory alloys

good luck