Will A Ke30 Pedal Box Fit In My Ke55?

Evan G

ive got a ke30 with a 4 speed,

I'm doing a ke70 5 speed conversion to my ke55 and I'm wondering if the ke30 pedal box will mount up to my 55. also will the 4 spd speedo cable fit the 5 speed and ke55 speedo?

what tailshaft do i use to connect the ke70 5 speed to my ke55 diff?

cheers

Evan

Edited by Evan G

Members dont see this ad

Yes, It all fits.

only mods/ possible mods being;

May have to swap to a KE70 gearbox crossmember to use the 5spd mount.

And the shifter is further back on the KE70 box. you will have to cut a section of your tunnel out to allow the shifter to come thru.

Just extent the original shifter hole Approx 3 inches (75mm/7.5cm) rearward. Once the gearbox is in, and the shifter is thru the floor. Grab yourself some sheet metal and cover the now unused section of the shifter hole. Attach it to the floor with either rivets, screws or some good ol Sikaflex.

The Sikaflex is probably the easiest to do and is PLENTY strong enough to hold it there. I had a great time trying to pull the plate off the floor when i stripped the car.

Good luck.

EDIT: Just read Taz_Rx's post, if your KE55 is auto, then you will need to do some fab work to allow the gearbox mount to line up with the crossmember. The KE70 mount sits a fair whack forward of the 30/55 auto crossmember. I used a piece of thick steel plate welded to the top of the auto crossmember and then welded the gearbox mount on top of the plate. can't remember how far the mount was out tho.

Edited by SLO-030

And the shifter is further back on the KE70 box. you will have to cut a section of your tunnel out to allow the shifter to come thru.

Yes the manual shifter position is further back than a 30-55 manual,

Although.... Assuming your 55 is an Auto I believe the 70 shifter should lineup well with the hole that is already there from the T-Bar shifter.

Also, the existing speedo cable should fit you manual box (you may need to exchange the drive-gear from the auto into the 5speed)