Fuel..how Much..? A 10 Toyoglide & 4k!

KeRoLLin

Yea I wish I could get the same economy with my E32 7er. It is a 6cyl auto and will get anywhere between 450-600 kays from about $75 of fuel. It really varies alot depending on the type of driving I do. Around town stop start driving really kills the economy having to move 1600 kgs of car off the line. The car is built for cruising windy roads.

Best I've got with it is 10km/Liter on a long country cruise.

A V12 model would have been nice but f@$k the fuel and repair costs.

Edited by Felix

Members dont see this ad
how old is the 4k engine btw??? ke10 is what...41 years old.. 4k is from a ke70 right?

The 4k engine was produced between 1978 and 1989

But really the first K engine, the 1K or just K (which I personally have never seen) was first produced in 1966, and the 4K is just an oversized version of this.

So really it's a 43 year old design.

I believe the first 4K came out on the KE55 but could have come out earlier e.g. KE30.

The KE70 also had the 4K.

And given the K engine is a knock off of the Chrysler slant 6's, its probably even older technology again :)

How the hell is it a knockoff of the Slant 6??? First, it slants the _other_ way, it has 4 cylinders not 6, the Slant 6 has the intake and exhaust on the "up" side whereas the K has them on the "down" side, and I'm sure there are plenty of other differences...

Only Toyota engine I know of that's not really a Toyota engine is the original Landcruiser F engine, which was based on the 228ci GMC L6 (Toyota gained the design after the war ended).