My New Rig Ae71 Panelvan

kermit55

hey guys just aquired myelf an ae71 panelvan for 1000 bucks. ive seen it at my mates workshop for awhile but didnt bother to ask if he was selling her. finally asked and he sold it too me today, so i was like :bash: .

shes basically got no rust except for a couple 20c pieces in the door and around the tailgate seal.

needs a new radiator and battery for roady but the rest is all good. its missing a few interior bit but f#ck all, and need new carpet throughout.

Future mods:

20v

definately some lowering

white walls

sun visor

redo all the carpet

redo all the masonite and replace with ply

sound system, gonna piece a jl based system with maybe a type r12" sub

maybe dishy wheels

respray flat baby blue or an acid green

refiberglass the dash and add gauges

post-3829-1251183720_thumb.jpg

post-3829-1251183939.jpg

post-3829-1251183954.jpg

post-3829-1251183965.jpg

post-3829-1251183976.jpg

post-3829-1251183984_thumb.jpg

post-3829-1251183993.jpg

Members dont see this ad

sorry but this may be a rediculous question -

Seeing that AE71's are originally a 1.6L - Does this mean that you can drop a 20v (1.6) in it and only need to change it on the registration paper with no inspection? (directed to adelaide boys)

Still the same capacity? just different engine :P ????

sorry but this may be a rediculous question -

Seeing that AE71's are originally a 1.6L - Does this mean that you can drop a 20v (1.6) in it and only need to change it on the registration paper with no inspection? (directed to adelaide boys)

Still the same capacity? just different engine :P ????

hey mate well I'm pretty sure you'll need an engineer to look over it and mod plated. correct me if I'm wrong guys.

yeh going to start pulling her apart this w/e, thinking of giving the 20v a miss because one of my mates is doing a ca18 conversion to his sprinter so getting his smallport for fairly cheap. its the right price so why not.

Smeetsy it is just a matter of changing engine no. in Adelaide. Though there are a number of other issues which will make a 20V illegal here anyway which if you want to know PM me.

Mate, nice car.

Yes a KE radiator is different to an AE one. Hose positions are different to start with not to mention the size difference. Just get the right one :P

hey just found out today that one of my roommates is a boiler maker and nearly got his engineers licence. well he doesnt do that anymore thats why i obviously didnt know. oh well that means custom fabrication work for free whoop whoop.

so got a few more plans than first thought and they include :

Sunroof :P

rollbar (boat anchors very smart concept)

removing all the water channels, they rust overtime and smooth is the plan

shaved tailgate, and doors

custom one piece front bar

custom grille

so so happy when i found that out today... just gotta buy a mig welder.

start pulling the interior apart this w/e.... then maybe panels. fingers crossed not to find anymore rust.

Nice find, I have a KE70 Panno almost looks exacly the same, just the front a little different, it's got the same window setup and everything. Sounds like your is gonna look a lot better with the plans you have for it, mine is twin cam powered, I suggest you do the same :P

cheers mate. yeh my mates just gotta fund his CA conversion, so when he does i get his smallport TWINKY. good thing that hes running the CA cos hes giving me absolutely everything he doesnt need, so i got myself quite a few spare parts if i need them.