Slo-030's Wb Tonner

SLO-030

go the tonners as for the brakes the v8s are different a bit have different springs and i think from memory the booster is different some just have the master cylinder and no booster where as the v8s have the booster.

mine has a 3.55 lsd with a 3inch tail shaft looks tough now you have lowered the front cheers graeme :wink:

Yea, i knew about the springs being different. Thought they all came with the boosters? hmm.

Almost got the new exhaust done. Just need a sleeve and some flat bar to make some mounts up.

• 2 months later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

TRUCK YEAH!

Convos are a tough looking wheel on any fullsize early holden :)

Shit yea! Not overly expensive all up really either.

Need a 1.9m wide tray to barely cover these, with about an inch chassis rail clearance haha

haha, I've been looking at some wheels from the states (3 piece billet) but just havent come up with the coin yet (weddings do that)

But atleast you have some tray width to play with, I'm contemplating pumping the rear guards slightly on the ute to fit a fatter tyre,

But,. that all becomes null and void if I fit a landcruiser 4 link and bags like I plan... lol

If I go that way, it will have a full custom rear clip, so the chassis rails wont be a problem lol.

Its stupid though, the airbag idea originally came from getting the dog in and out fo the back of the ute as she gets older. lol.

Thats pretty cheap for new wheels and tyres these days

McDonalds Bros rear clip?

Organised the wheels and rear tyres were sorted thru Outlaw Speed Equipment, here in SA and front tyres + fitting were done by City Discount Tyres.

Was going to order from VPW. But would've been a 3-4wk wait on the wheels and 4-6wks on the tyres, Bugger that!

Rang up OSE on a Monday, received a call the following Saturday saying everything was ready to go!

Still undecided whether I'd buy a whole kit from MB or custom make one to suit what I want (and use the landcruiser arms/geometry)

thats a while down the list though, LS1 conversion is first :D

If you are ever looking at buying wheels again (especially something that is widely available in the states) give me a yell.

Summit and Jeggs are cheap as shit for that sort of thing (tirerack for tyres) and I have a guy in Cali that does awesome deals on shipping to Melb.

Shit yea man. LS conversion sounds good. Mate just had a Crane 228/232 installed into his VU SS. Got the heads ported and polished. Running 6spd and 4.11's pulled 288rwkw. Has more in it to spit out over 300kw, just the 1 5/8" Paceys are restricting things a bit.

Cheers man, I don't think I will be buying more for a while.

Even thru outlaw, rear tyres were $211ea.

• 2 weeks later...

Its nuts how much more viable modifying the ls2 onwards is over the LS1 (and thats saying somethign given how easy it is to make power with an LS1)

Extractors, OTR, custom exhaust (its what we do lol) and a tune by sams performance netted 277kw at the wheels and a mid 12 second quater in my brthers VE SS.

anything over 200rwkw in a commodore ute would be good fun though, they slide around enough with just a six pot driving the thing! haha.