1982 Corolla Ke70 Complete Restoration From Norway

eiriksmil

This summer a buddy and me were going to the North Cape, a story you can read here. In short, I sent my white '82 KE70 off the road 150 miles down the trip and bought another '82 KE70 the same day. In two months I've put 5k miles on it and it's worked like a charm.

Prior to the unintended offroading with the white car I was going to tear it down and build it up like a pre-facelift with JDM front lights, chrome bumpers and more. Right now I don't know exactly what's going to happen, but the beige '82 is a far better base than the white '82. Either I'm gonna restore the beige car with its original parts and newer chrome bumpers (that's if the white car survives, not decided yet), or build it up like I've intended to do with the white car (if it dies). What's pretty certain is that it's staying the stock color, getting either a 2T engine or a 4A-GE and some wheels and coils :no2:

Two days ago I got ahold of a new daily (a Benz W124 that's already failed, haha) so I could put this out of its duties, and yesterday we got it into the garage. After five hours of work it looked like this when I left it :y:

IMG051-2.jpg

IMG054-2.jpg

Nice..

IMG055-2.jpg

The spare wheel well is good and the floors are good too, only a massive hole to the left there :wink:

IMG058-2.jpg

Edited by eiriksmil

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't done it yet as it brings moisture into the small wounds from the chisel so I'm waiting until paint's closing in, but a heat gun and paint thinner do the tricks :|

Nice project, that looks same like many of our corollas in Finland :D luckily there is also good ones :bash:

Haha yeah, they salt the roads badly there too? In Norway it's hopeless to have a clean daily driver if you use it in the winter. I do, but the white car isn't exactly clean, and that's the way it's supposed to be ;)

Your car is dope :D

Done work over the past few days..

Cut out rust, made new parts, dropped the subframe today and started removing the original undercoating. I've gone back and forth with myself trying to decide whether to leave it and maybe add a layer of Tectyl or similar anti-rust undercoating, but I guess I'm going all out now! :P

IMG057-2.jpg