Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1982 Corolla Ke70 Complete Restoration From Norway

Featured Replies

This summer a buddy and me were going to the North Cape, a story you can read here. In short, I sent my white '82 KE70 off the road 150 miles down the trip and bought another '82 KE70 the same day. In two months I've put 5k miles on it and it's worked like a charm.

 

Prior to the unintended offroading with the white car I was going to tear it down and build it up like a pre-facelift with JDM front lights, chrome bumpers and more. Right now I don't know exactly what's going to happen, but the beige '82 is a far better base than the white '82. Either I'm gonna restore the beige car with its original parts and newer chrome bumpers (that's if the white car survives, not decided yet), or build it up like I've intended to do with the white car (if it dies). What's pretty certain is that it's staying the stock color, getting either a 2T engine or a 4A-GE and some wheels and coils :no2:

 

Two days ago I got ahold of a new daily (a Benz W124 that's already failed, haha) so I could put this out of its duties, and yesterday we got it into the garage. After five hours of work it looked like this when I left it :y:

 

IMG051-2.jpg

 

IMG054-2.jpg

 

Nice..

 

IMG055-2.jpg

 

The spare wheel well is good and the floors are good too, only a massive hole to the left there :wink:

 

IMG058-2.jpg

Edited by eiriksmil

rust in the inner wheel arch, I have never seen rust there before in any KE. Are you good with a welder?

  • Author

I'm from Norway.. :no2: That should cover it, haha.

oh right.... so a chunk of salt probably got thrown up there yeah?

In Norway, The salt salts you :no2:

 

Love these long-distance member's story's, rides, projects and things.

 

:y:

  • Author

Haha yeah, in Norway salt eats you :dance: Damn I'd kill for a RHD bush-driven KE..

 

 

Anyway, I've found some more rust lately. All the damn mats covering the floorpan (dunno what you call them in English) are now gone.. :cool:

 

IMG062-2-1.jpg

 

IMG065-2.jpg

 

And some random rust shots..

 

IMG069-2.jpg

 

IMG079-2.jpg

 

IMG071-2-2.jpg

and i thought my car was rusty... geeeez.. good luck building it up bud.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks dude, think I might need it, lol.

 

Not much to report here, been on hols and living my life recently but planning to do some work this week, so I got my corner and the car cleaned up today :D

 

IMG303-2.jpg

 

IMG306-2.jpg

good basis for a build. bad luck about the rust though :P

 

I have never seen rust like that before.

 

sheet metal and a welder ought to get that all fixed up for ya,

 

oh, and heaps of time as well :(

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I haven't done sh*t to this car in a while, other than stealing parts off it :wink:

 

IMG003-1.jpg

 

Started cutting out the rust today though, I hope I can post up some progress soon!

Nice project, that looks same like many of our corollas in Finland :yes: luckily there is also good ones :jamie:

Looks like you removed the sound deadening the exact way i am. hammer and chisel and alot of effort! How did you go about removing the remaining glue?

 

And i also have a large f@$k off rust hole in my rear left guard.

Edited by The_Lab

  • Author

Haven't done it yet as it brings moisture into the small wounds from the chisel so I'm waiting until paint's closing in, but a heat gun and paint thinner do the tricks :|

 

Nice project, that looks same like many of our corollas in Finland :D luckily there is also good ones :bash:

 

Haha yeah, they salt the roads badly there too? In Norway it's hopeless to have a clean daily driver if you use it in the winter. I do, but the white car isn't exactly clean, and that's the way it's supposed to be ;)

Your car is dope :D

  • Author

Done work over the past few days..

 

Cut out rust, made new parts, dropped the subframe today and started removing the original undercoating. I've gone back and forth with myself trying to decide whether to leave it and maybe add a layer of Tectyl or similar anti-rust undercoating, but I guess I'm going all out now! :P

 

IMG057-2.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.