September 12, 200917 yr comment_373513 This summer a buddy and me were going to the North Cape, a story you can read here. In short, I sent my white '82 KE70 off the road 150 miles down the trip and bought another '82 KE70 the same day. In two months I've put 5k miles on it and it's worked like a charm. Prior to the unintended offroading with the white car I was going to tear it down and build it up like a pre-facelift with JDM front lights, chrome bumpers and more. Right now I don't know exactly what's going to happen, but the beige '82 is a far better base than the white '82. Either I'm gonna restore the beige car with its original parts and newer chrome bumpers (that's if the white car survives, not decided yet), or build it up like I've intended to do with the white car (if it dies). What's pretty certain is that it's staying the stock color, getting either a 2T engine or a 4A-GE and some wheels and coils :no2: Two days ago I got ahold of a new daily (a Benz W124 that's already failed, haha) so I could put this out of its duties, and yesterday we got it into the garage. After five hours of work it looked like this when I left it :y: Nice.. The spare wheel well is good and the floors are good too, only a massive hole to the left there :wink: Edited December 6, 200916 yr by eiriksmil Report
September 12, 200917 yr comment_373517 rust in the inner wheel arch, I have never seen rust there before in any KE. Are you good with a welder? Report
September 13, 200917 yr Author comment_373535 I'm from Norway.. :no2: That should cover it, haha. Report
September 13, 200917 yr comment_373536 oh right.... so a chunk of salt probably got thrown up there yeah? Report
September 13, 200917 yr comment_373639 In Norway, The salt salts you :no2: Love these long-distance member's story's, rides, projects and things. :y: Report
September 17, 200917 yr Author comment_374807 Haha yeah, in Norway salt eats you :dance: Damn I'd kill for a RHD bush-driven KE.. Anyway, I've found some more rust lately. All the damn mats covering the floorpan (dunno what you call them in English) are now gone.. :cool: And some random rust shots.. Report
September 19, 200917 yr comment_375088 and i thought my car was rusty... geeeez.. good luck building it up bud. Report
October 6, 200916 yr Author comment_379643 Thanks dude, think I might need it, lol. Not much to report here, been on hols and living my life recently but planning to do some work this week, so I got my corner and the car cleaned up today :D Report
October 9, 200916 yr comment_380550 good basis for a build. bad luck about the rust though :P I have never seen rust like that before. sheet metal and a welder ought to get that all fixed up for ya, oh, and heaps of time as well :( Report
November 26, 200916 yr Author comment_393793 I haven't done sh*t to this car in a while, other than stealing parts off it :wink: Started cutting out the rust today though, I hope I can post up some progress soon! Report
November 29, 200916 yr comment_394328 Nice project, that looks same like many of our corollas in Finland :yes: luckily there is also good ones :jamie: Report
November 30, 200916 yr comment_394443 Looks like you removed the sound deadening the exact way i am. hammer and chisel and alot of effort! How did you go about removing the remaining glue? And i also have a large f@$k off rust hole in my rear left guard. Edited November 30, 200916 yr by The_Lab Report
December 1, 200916 yr Author comment_394643 Haven't done it yet as it brings moisture into the small wounds from the chisel so I'm waiting until paint's closing in, but a heat gun and paint thinner do the tricks :| Nice project, that looks same like many of our corollas in Finland :D luckily there is also good ones :bash: Haha yeah, they salt the roads badly there too? In Norway it's hopeless to have a clean daily driver if you use it in the winter. I do, but the white car isn't exactly clean, and that's the way it's supposed to be ;) Your car is dope :D Report
December 6, 200916 yr Author comment_395985 Done work over the past few days.. Cut out rust, made new parts, dropped the subframe today and started removing the original undercoating. I've gone back and forth with myself trying to decide whether to leave it and maybe add a layer of Tectyl or similar anti-rust undercoating, but I guess I'm going all out now! :P Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now