Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad

Yea, not too bad. Just wanna get the weber on at this point. Still having problems with the mixture screw winding itself out :bash:

Once thats on I might do what Altezzaclub's done and chuck a O2 sensor in the extractors and see if we can get at least the carb tuned.

That and get a proper exhaust on it. Stock exhaust systems been cut and shut at least 4 times..

Well. After scoping around JNC, i had been convinced to install the MSD finally.

Started on it tonight about 8:30- 9pm and had it up and running well by 10:30 :o

Got the mounting taken care of straight away. Against the left hand side of the bay. Between the coil and headlight. Quite happy.

Routed and connected the coil output wiring.

Dummy connected the MSD coil and power input, then fired it up to make sure it was gonna run. And it did!

So i then terminalled the factory wiring and pluged it all in.

Ran the Power cables.

Loom tube'd and tidied everything up.

(Space saved for pics)

Fired it up again and took it for a bit of a drive up the road. It was a fair whack smoother in the lower rpm than before.

Went to shut it off and the sucker kept running :huh:

Googled my exact problem and found it to be the charge light wire now requires a diode in it to prevent current running thru that and keeping it running.

Very happy chappy tonight!

Edited by SLO-030

Its due to the MSD itself needing so little power to trigger it, current travels thru the charge light/ignition circuit.

This keeps the ignition module thinking the key's still in the ignition, and hence keep suppying pulses to the coil.