September 22, 200917 yr comment_375739 Hey guys, apparently my rolla needs a new windscreen (ke55) so i thought id ask on here first if anyone knew of a good place (cheap) to get a new windscreen fitted. I'm in hawthorn so the closer to there the better... Cheers, Jason Report
September 22, 200917 yr comment_375740 Windscreens ASAP are good. 0414 737 939 Not sure they are cheap, but I know they are good. He will probably give you another number to call - that number is Matt who does almost exclusively race cars, his brother is the road car business, but I don't have his number. They will come to you. Report
September 22, 200917 yr comment_375943 Mr Windscreen in Albert St, Preston are pretty good too. did a reasonable job, and not too expensive Report
September 22, 200917 yr comment_375950 looking at 170 -180 for windscreen and 80 bux for seal if its wreckt and another 20 for crome striping so total of $300 Unless you find second hand one Goodluck:D Tip if u do get a new seal make sure u get new striping first b4 puting in the window so the window fitter can do it for you a lot easier then doing it urself Report
September 22, 200917 yr comment_375960 Are there any wreckers down there with KE30's, KE36's, KE38's or KE55 Sedans?? The windscreens from any of these can be used. Find one with a good rubber and break the screen to get it out. Now a good rubber should be soft, not hard. Then find another car with a good screen and cut the rubber. Once you have both piece them together so you only pay for one item. :P Report
September 22, 200917 yr comment_375982 Thats a good one Jip trying to find a good rubber on a old rolla 30 yrs plus wont happen not to mention no one is gona let you brake there windscreen at wreckers On a rolla anyway as there hard to come by in wreckers down here. for 80 bux buy a new seal saves alot of hasel. on the other hand tho if u can find a windscreen second hand that doesnt look like its been sand blasted by years of road use chips scratches ect might b abel to save 100 bux there never know. Report
September 22, 200917 yr comment_375984 New seals are cheap from Thailand on ebay, and fit well in my experience. Report
September 23, 200917 yr Author comment_376013 My rubber appears to be in good condition from what i remember but ill double check when I'm back home. Hopefully be able to find a 2nd hand screen from someone on here... cheers guys. Report
September 23, 200917 yr comment_376020 I reckon I had some dudes from up Kew way do mine when I got my AE86 done a few years ago, ~160 bucks. They came to me. Ring around, there's a lot of price difference I found. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now