Someone Please Help 4age

ae824ate

Hey guys, this dickhead i have bought a twinky off recently has lied to me about so much its not funny. Long story cut short, the dipstick in the engine wasnt an original, and I'm assuming a different length. Can some loving, caring fellow enthusiast please measure the length from tip to the plastic plug? Greatly appreciated, Luke. :P

Members dont see this ad

From memory the sump is the same as the 4a-f, 4a-fe (apart from the windage tray and hose connection for the oil cooler). So you could use the dip stick from one of those motors. I have one out in the shed somewhere but its cold, windy, dusty, dark and i'm getting hungry.

Anzac Wreckers should have at least one you could measure...

The sump may be similar between FE and GE, but the tube will be different (my bigport tube and dipstick are significantly different compared to my 7A ones), and thus most likely the dipstick too.

Just checked the '82 then, from the base of the rubber/plastic flange to the tip of the dipstick is 275mm. I know for certain that my 7A one is _much_ longer (the seat is right near the end of the dipstick on an FE model, about half-way on a bigport)