Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

K Engine Build

Featured Replies

I'd like to point out that I've seen a LOT of people in STOCK AS A ROCK 4k or 3k engines put up a hell of a race competing with much larger/faster/modified/healthier engines.... its all about how you drive it.

 

I'm sure that when I build my next K engine it will be much faster and more drivable. It is all a learning experience and I reckon that it was much better bang for your buck with my modified 4k (I've spent a few grand now) than if I had have bought something like a 4ag. Much better learning experience as well.

 

I've learnt more stuff about cars when playing with my own older cars (i've owned more than a few) than I have learnt at work or at tafe. I work on everything at the moment from really old cars to brand new cars, HQ holdens to Audi Q7's, and I reckon its an absolute blast. I just love cars.... apparently that means I haven't been in the auto trade long enough.... :)

 

Robert.

  • Author

yea i guess so my idea is to build a drivable but very quick package i guess if i don't want it in my 55 i can always put it in a ke70 or something like that

yep ive learnt so much more from my older cars than i ever did owning new cars! and building my 5k has taught me even more than when my brother put his sr20de into the 71, i hope this makes sense I'm a bit drunk lmao

With a ke55 I'd be putting the money towards an engine conversion.

 

Sure you can get a K series to go fairly well, but you would need 20-25% more power and torque to match the performance you could achieve in a lighter ke1x.

 

If you look into the past, Ford were putting 2L motors into Escorts which were similar size and weightwise to ke55 corollas.

Edited by Felix

meh. its all much of a muchness i reckon.

 

who wants to put a 2zzge into a ke55??? any takers???

 

Robert.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

is there much of a power difference between 40 twin delltros and 3k-b twin carb manifold eg is it worth paying the money to buy the delltros as i have already bought twin 3k-b carbs and manifold. ??

is there much of a power difference between 40 twin delltros and 3k-b twin carb manifold eg is it worth paying the money to buy the delltros as i have already bought twin 3k-b carbs and manifold. ??

 

 

I'd work out what you're planning to do with the motor first. It takes a good chunk of money to properly setup some dellortos or webers. If you're going to keep the car for a while and tune it then it would make sense. They are infinitely more tunable than the 3k-b carbs, and have much more potential. I'd stick with the k-b carbs for now until you get bored. Then decide if it's time for a complete swap, or new carbs.

Yea and the 3kb carbs will have more throttle response and make more torque up to around 4 grand.

 

You just have to find the best compromise to suit your needs, combo, budget. I'd just use whatever you've got for starters. You can always upgrade at a later date.

  • 5 months later...
  • Author

hey guys though id bump this back up but all i want to know is how to put me cam back in i have removed my old cam and now up to putting new cam in how do i go about this to make sure it all lined up properlly and all that

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.