Okay So 3sge Beams Into Ke70??

Ke70-Pig

So I managed to find a new 3sge Beams from the US relatively well priced... Now I need to ask the obvious question, will it fit into an 83 ke70 or am I wasting my time? I have access to a good mechanic and hoists etc, I need it LEGAL too...

Any suggestions/ comments??

Here's what I want in it..

3SGEDualVVTiBeamsEngine05.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I've just gone & lifted the bonnet so that's not my one- some other Altezza has lost its motor!

It should be quite straightforward, some of the guys in altezzaclub can probably help with the aftermarket computer on it.

Pod filters give problems depending on where you put the MAF sensor.

If that's the stock dual-mass flywheel throw it out and fit an Exedy one lightned to about 7kg, or get a TRD one through the Club.

Will the J160 six-speed fit? Might need some cutting of the floor around the bell-housing...

Love mine! ..and it has to haul 1350kg around in relative luxury!

Good luck with it

Ah- parts... Go to altezzaclub.or.nz and sign up via here

http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...p?showtopic=994

Then check with xnickx for any parts you need. The cambelt kit (belt/idler wheel/tensioner wheel/water pump) springs to mind. Its probably cheaper getting it in from NZ through the club than directly from Toyota here, but check both anyway.

I'm surprised it came from the USA, these things are all over NZ like Ford Cortinas used to be!

• 2 weeks later...