4afc Engine

Hans

Hi,

I'm not very familiar with the 4AFC engine.. i have a corolla that has it, did some research on google, learnt a bit.

but i couldnt make sense of this photo below..

what is that black cylinder "thing" where the air filter should sit?

4afcbluef.jpg

Members dont see this ad

That is not supposed to be there. Looks like someone has attached an aftermarket filter (aka pod) onto it, and that adaptor is what remains. the standard filter housing should fit where the adaptor is fitted on top of the carby. Likewise, there should be a breather hose that runs into the bottom of the filter housing from the breather filter on the valve cover.

Edited by Bowler

• 6 months later...
Hi,

I'm not very familiar with the 4AFC engine.. i have a corolla that has it, did some research on google, learnt a bit.

but i couldnt make sense of this photo below..

what is that black cylinder "thing" where the air filter should sit?

4afcbluef.jpg

hey mate i own a corolla with the same engine. the black cylinder is definitely not meant to be there.. i have a pic here of what it should look like at stock.

Looking at your photo, your fuel filter is not in the correct place either, where it is meant to be is on the right side of the engine bay in a holder, but what i don't understand is why the PCV (Positive Crancase Ventilation) looks to be connected to the filter

Hope this helps,

Danny

post-9079-1271041115_thumb.jpg

Edited by D4NNYC

• 2 weeks later...