October 12, 200916 yr comment_381277 G'day all. After much discussion with my mates, it has been decided that quite a few of us will be aquiring Bike Licenses. I am yet to get my Learners for a bike, but I know that process already. What I wish to ask is, is it best to go through Q-Ride? If so, How would I go about it? How much will it cost? How long will it take? And are there any essentials for Q-Ride I would need to aquire? Any tips and advice for a new rider would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Stewart. Report
October 12, 200916 yr comment_381297 whats the learners process and whats the difference between Q ride and the options available? I'm interested, but not motivated enough to look into, a quick run down on the basics would be nice :) Report
October 12, 200916 yr Author comment_381306 Obtaining a learners is done by simply going to a QLD transport office and doing a 5 Question quiz. If you pass, you get your learners. But, you can only get your learners if you have reached your P2 car licence (drive for a year). Once you have the learners you can either do 6 months of learning on the streets (L Plates and supervised by another rider). Or you can do a Q-Ride which is a course which teaches and tests you to obtain a provisional bike license straight up (limited to 250cc on L's and P's). I just want to know where I can get a Q-Ride and how much. Report
October 12, 200916 yr comment_381339 I did Qride... But that was before the laws changed last year.... When I did it, you got your learners at DOT, paid your 350-odd bucks, did two full days training/riding over 2 weekends, and walked away with your open unrestricted licence... None of this RE under 250cc nonsense :) I *think* its similar now, but you can't go directly to unrestricted, you remain on your RE for 6 months or a year before you can apply for the over 250cc licence. Q-ride is just the name of the government program, there are heaps of bike schools who are 'Q-ride certified'. Edited October 12, 200916 yr by 7shades Report
October 12, 200916 yr comment_381368 Obtaining a learners is done by simply going to a QLD transport office and doing a 5 Question quiz.If you pass, you get your learners. But, you can only get your learners if you have reached your P2 car licence (drive for a year). Once you have the learners you can either do 6 months of learning on the streets (L Plates and supervised by another rider). Or you can do a Q-Ride which is a course which teaches and tests you to obtain a provisional bike license straight up (limited to 250cc on L's and P's). I just want to know where I can get a Q-Ride and how much. Wrong, You HAVE to carry your L's for a year before you can even go for your P or Open's through Q-ride or anything like that and that allows you to ride a LAMS bike up to 660cc, Once you have carried your P or Opens for a year you can then go back and do the course again on a large bike and get your unrestricted license, I did my Q-ride on saturday, I went to Tony's Rider & Driver Training - 0437724665, He is located in Ipswich, The course cost $295 BIKE'S YOU CAN RIDE Q-RIDE SERVICE PROVIDERS I am also glad that I got my bike when I did as it was LAMS approved, Now it is not but I got it before the latest rule change. Report
October 12, 200916 yr comment_381437 I was a daily bike rider for many years (got my R1 when i was 18 lol) and all my mates ride, and we all have done our q-ride through Pro-Honda at rocklea. They do it in one day course's which you can do any day of the week for bout 220-250 i think it was. Just make sure you stick to a 250 for a year and don't just wait it out and then jump on something crazy. Plus you need to have held your p's for a year now i think to even go for your moto learners. So many new laws for bike riders in qld :y: Try this site should have some good info http://www.motorcyclesafety.qld.gov.au/index.php/qt/index/ Oh yeah, and pro-honda will pass ya no worries, have heard of some terribly unco dangerous as people gettin there licence there, hey i got mine there :) Edited October 12, 200916 yr by BLUDGER Report
October 13, 200916 yr Author comment_381496 Wrong, You HAVE to carry your L's for a year before you can even go for your P or Open's through Q-ride or anything like that and that allows you to ride a LAMS bike up to 660cc, Once you have carried your P or Opens for a year you can then go back and do the course again on a large bike and get your unrestricted license, I did my Q-ride on saturday, I went to Tony's Rider & Driver Training - 0437724665, He is located in Ipswich, The course cost $295 Actually, you don't have to hold your L's a year. If you have held a Provisional License from another vehicle for at least a year, then you can do a Q-Ride and get your provisional Bike license without waiting six months. Proof: http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Licen...ence/Motorbike/ If you train and get assessed through Q-Ride, no waiting required. Report
October 13, 200916 yr comment_381528 Read the DATE the LAMS laws changed after that, You have to hold your L's for a year before you can do the test unless Q-ride is full of shit but luckily I held my bike L's for 10 years, Instead of sitting here listening to someone that did the test and read the rules in the last week that is wrong get on the phone and find out. Report
October 19, 200916 yr comment_383543 So much anger trev :P :) I just bought a GPX250 :) Yeah you answer a question that he should of rang a q-ride instructor about in the 1st place, I answer with what I was told 2 days earlier by q-ride but get told I'm wrong. What year, Dad has something like a 88 kawasaki ninja (import gpx 2 r). Does this mean you might get out for once :) Report
October 19, 200916 yr comment_383620 yeah get out of my dungeon and into the light ha :) 1998 :P Report
October 25, 200916 yr comment_385272 (got my R1 when i was 18 lol how many years since then has it been? your either very talented or very responsible. i know if i got an r1 i would kill myself! Report
October 25, 200916 yr comment_385347 bit of both, been 3 and abit years now :S but the bike is long gone :dance: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now