Sr 20det To Go In My Ke35 In Brisbane

Sr Rolla

Members dont see this ad

SR Rolla, You 'should' be able to see 280 RWHP with a black top running standard management and standard turbo, i have a standard s13 SR20DET in my wifes datsun 1200 ute, with factory ecu and 15 psi, decent IC and decent pipe work it ran up 238 RWHP, a 50 zex nitrous kit pushed that to 248 rwhp but really made the difference to the torque (hot side just physically cannot flow anymore i think) the s13 engine has the tiny t25g standard.

With 238 RWHP in a 780kg car it runs consistently into the 12.6s, with more potential as we only use falken 205x45x16" tyres and 60' times are in the 2.2s, i scored a set of used 16" low profile circuit slicks, using the 50 kit from 2nd resulted in 11.9 @ 116, 1.9 60', this is still a factory engine, running factory management, starts first time every time and never misses a beat which i think is bloody awesome :)

I would expect an 850kg car with 50 or so rwhp more would run similar numbers.

You will need atleast a bosch 094 pump, i have tested a vl turbo pump but its not up to the job with anything more than 10psi. Also make sure you tap a barbed fitting into the shifter housing on the gearbox, i have found that they need a bigger breather as without one thay leak past the rear seal.

Here is a Video of the 1200 ute in action.

Its a bastard of a car for me to drive, i am 6' 5" and don't fit that well into it, also the shifter sits back a fair way and my elbow smacks the back of the cab shifting 2nd and 4th, i have lunched 2 gearboxes now by selecting reverse instead of 4th as when my elbow hits my wrist follows through and pulls the lever towards me and into reverse.

I put on a show when i left my wedding in it, the bloody penguin suit allowed stuff all movement and the slippery fag shoes made driving nearly impossible, i got way too sideways and almost jumped the centre island in 3rd, i shit myself that day, i had a drink to that one at my reception :)

Its a bastard of a car for me to drive, i am 6' 5" and don't fit that well into it, also the shifter sits back a fair way and my elbow smacks the back of the cab shifting 2nd and 4th, i have lunched 2 gearboxes now by selecting reverse instead of 4th as when my elbow hits my wrist follows through and pulls the lever towards me and into reverse.

2 ways to fix that...

1) Rip out the front seat and sit in the back

2) Targa top rolla (or rag top...whatever's more convenient) :)

hahahahahahahahaha!

Just dawned on me when I RE-READ the post.. oh well! hahaha

Creativity at it's greatest I suppose.

The 1200 ute? I'd honestly thought it would be the same size as the rollas... oh well... guess not (shrugs shoulders)

no, they're pretty tiny. one of my mates owned that white 1200 ute that anthony kellam did the gze conversion into, everyone up there seems to have heard about it

he eventually sold it because it was too small and just a pain in the ass. f@$k it was a quick little car tho, it only ran a wheelspinning 14, but it was so small and light and rattly, it's easiest the quickest feeling car i've ever been in