October 20, 200916 yr comment_383686 Brand new toyotas also are marked as dot 3 only. Robert. Yes but apparently they can take dot 4. Report
October 20, 200916 yr comment_383730 straight from yahoo answers " Dot 4 is synthetic brake fluid. You can use dot 4 in a system that calls for dot 3 but you must not use dot 3 in a dot 4 system or the rubber seals will fail in the master cylinder and calipers/wheel cylinders.Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech" dolmah? Haha why would you quote yahoo answers? My grandma could be a Mitsubishi Master Tech on yahoo answers. Report
October 20, 200916 yr comment_383741 Don't believe everything you read on the net. Being as I sell the stuff and have to know what effects it may have if used in incorrect applications, you should check with someone in the industry :D I'm sure I would get my ass handed to me by management if I gave someone the wrong advice, not to mention be liable for any accidents that happen because I sold the stuff to someone without prior knowledge of what applications it can and can't be used for. :) what a 3rd year apprentice isnt good enough, my cap on my ke55 says dot 3 but I'm using dot 4 and hasnt got a spongy pedal, killed me ? Report
October 20, 200916 yr comment_383743 i was doing a tranny service on my traumatic and in the book it says dextron 2, but you can use detron 3. but you can't use dextron 2 in a dextron 3 system kapish also redke30 i googled "dot 4 in a dot 3 system" and thats what came up Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now