Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are You A New Act Or Regional Area Member?

Featured Replies

yeah once he gets his own car i'm taking off the road for a bit for a freshen up and stuff

  • Replies 190
  • Views 106.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah once he gets his own car i'm taking off the road for a bit for a freshen up and stuff

 

 

I even made a thread about when I followed it home....Clickie

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Now with xdave also joining the club last night that gives us 3 new members in 10 days :P This is top stuff, cruise and BBQ times are going to be good if members turn up. :)

=D *tips hat to Trendact*

 

Heyhey fellas

 

I spose it's about time that I introduce myself hehe

My name is Dave. I'm a rollaholic. ;)

Lived in the northside all my life.

I wanted to come to last nights meeting but it was all too sudden to plan for - also in the wife and kid boat..hehe

 

I own a white 86' AE82 Twincam Hatchback (with 100kw smallport) which I recently purchased. Very much enjoying this. I plan on doing some work on the body, touch up the little bits of rust and respray some little bits here and there. I have several other ideas for this car as well as the unaffordable aspiration of throwing in a turbo kit + GZE pistons......maybe one day....

My other car is also an 86' AE82, but of the 4AC CS SECA persuasion. I want to sell this car, so lemme know if you or anyone you know might be interested :lol:

 

For a living, I work for Telstra in IT

 

I'm also a member of twincam.org and AE82 Owners Club

 

Also, I sure as hell hope there will be some cruises happening. I always feel like I just want to go for a drive for no particular reason hehe. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up some stickers off one of you guys as well :down:

Edited by xdave

  • Author

I like the Seca model.........shame I have no $$$ available at the moment as I ned to get the AE102R on the road for the wife first.

 

We may have a X-mas BBQ happening soonish.........watch our section for details.

G'day all,

I just joined rolla club and figured Id drop by this thread and say hello.

 

Ill start with: My name is Ben and I have an AE82 SE. Yes thats a single cam 4a-c engine (for now)

The car has (to cut a post from my "How much has your conversion cost" thread on twincam because I don't have time to type it all out)

Car:: AE82 Corolla SE With 4A-C

 

All labour done by me as I am now a qualified mechanic.

 

Brakes:

Rear Drum to Disc conversion $200

Twincam Callipers, hubs and discs $100

Superstrut Callipers $200 (in garage, not car yet :D )

Discs for superstruts and machining $500 or so (at a guess)

Brakefluid $Free

 

Suspension:

Whiteline Springs and KYB Shocks all round $1000 (yeah, I got ripped hard... live and learn)

Rear Whiteline adjustable sway bar $220

Front Whiteline Sway bar $200

Rear Whiteline Strut brace $180 ( I think, forget that one just now)

Front Twincam Strut Brace $40

 

Wish I had known about all the suspension people when I bought all that ^ gear.

 

ICE:

Kenwood Head Unit $200

Sony Head Unit $Free (well i fitted a torque split controller to a mated R32 gtr and that was payment lol)

Alpine 6*9's and custom parcel shelf inc carpet $300

Focal 6' Splits in pods $500

Front SW20 MR2 Seats (passengers in car, drivers in bedroom :wink: ) $300

Momo Steering Wheel + boss $150

Quickshift $Free will = profit if i ever get off my ass and build a stack of them.

 

Wheels and Tyres:

14' Twincam alloys $50

Tyres on those $400

16' Simmons B16's $750

Tyres on those + rim repair + Rear guards lipped $850

 

Misc:

Bigport to st or bt quads adaptor $300 iirc

FXGT Sideskirts $100 (not fitted yet)

LHS wing mirror and Instrument cluster with tacho $100

Turbo Manifold $400

 

Petrol used trying to kill 4A-C $bloody heaps

 

Total = $6800.

 

And I still havent got a 20v 4agte in yet...

 

It still scares me when I work out how much i have spent on that car :yes:

 

Anyway, As i I said above I'm a qualified mechanic and am now at anu studying engineering because the thought of consistant work and decent money was just so scary i decided to be a broke student for a few years lol.

 

I'm currently sorting out a few issues on a mates Nissan Gazelle (S12)... interesting car.... so that I can drive that and take the 'rolla off the road for the 20v conversion so thats a project for the summer, but before that I REALLY have to get in touch with john wilson for engineering certification of the car as well.

 

/end life story lol.

 

I'm interested in cruises and meeting other corolla people around town.

Edited by Moppitt

Hey Ben, Welcome aboard....post some pics up of your car :wink:

 

I like Gazelle's....what are you doing to your mates one? My mates one is in the process of being boosted at the moment :D

  • Author

Welcome dude :wink:

 

Watch the ACT section for club meetings, events, BBQ's etc........ the more that come along the better :D

  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Ben, Welcome aboard....post some pics up of your car :yes:

 

I like Gazelle's....what are you doing to your mates one? My mates one is in the process of being boosted at the moment :y:

 

Here ya' go.

corolla2platehiddenmz7.jpg

^^^^ Getting closer to starting the 20v conversion... its getting exciting (and scary) now :hmm:

 

The gazelle is pretty just getting back to been roadworthy which to do so all I really have left is a steering rack adjustment, 4 tyres and a good clean up. Its really a pretty nice car to drive for something that is almost as old as I am (the cars an 85 model, I'm an 84 model lol), a boosted one would be a hell of a thing. The thing about the Gazezlle is that it really feels like a nicely balanced chassis backed by a torquey (compared to my 4ac lol) but not overly powerful engine. Of course its always nice to drive a car where your right foot controls just the amount of understeer you get :o. Kinda like a much less powerful/grippy/nice/fast (basically less good) version of the M3 =)

J Media hey.....

Is that you J? On another forum with another car lol?

 

If not, big thanks to Sprinterboy from toymods for the picks :o

haha nah I'm not him....I am mates with Steve (aka Stevumi) and vaguely know J

  • 6 months later...

Hey Everyone

 

I'm dave most people call me hodgo....been lovin rolla's for only a short time but real keen to get into them...finding it hard to get myself started so i figured you guys could help me out. Lovin the ke55 but hard to find in canberra for a couple hundred bucks that work jsut to see if there for me or not. Also seems like a top notch club so if i can get a rolla and getstarted u will all see a lot more of me. Any help appreciated. Make me a believer lol. You can either pm me on here or send me some info at [email protected]

Hey Everyone

 

I'm dave most people call me hodgo....been lovin rolla's for only a short time but real keen to get into them...finding it hard to get myself started so i figured you guys could help me out. Lovin the ke55 but hard to find in canberra for a couple hundred bucks that work jsut to see if there for me or not. Also seems like a top notch club so if i can get a rolla and getstarted u will all see a lot more of me. Any help appreciated. Make me a believer lol. You can either pm me on here or send me some info at [email protected]

 

hey mate

most of us canberra fellas now make up "Canberra Toyota Club"

you can find us all over at http://ctc.smfforfree4.com/

:(

  • 1 month later...

Hi guys

 

just got my self a 91 AE92 corolla sx..... i live in the south coast of nsw, batemans bay so most of the work on the car will be done in canberra..... so if there is a cruze on up there i will try to get up there when time allows ......

post-6320-1217763647_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.