Are You A New Act Or Regional Area Member?

Trendact

I think you met alot of us on the cruise you came to with Steve.

Welcome aboard, and from what I hear, you know a little bit more than "a little about mechanics" So we will be glad to have your experience on board.

I dunno about anyone else on here, but I love 1200 coupes...so feel free to post as many pics as you like of it in the Canberra section at least :)

Welcome :)

Geoff

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Joined up to the forum today and Rolla Boy suggested I introduce myself here. My name is Todd, been in Canberra a fair bit of my life, work in IT and I'm a hopeless gear head who has a general love of most things automotive - unfortunately for my wallet (and mental health) I'm very partial to Triumph's - check my site at GT6.COM.

I recently bought an el cheapo 87 AE82 Twin Cam as a run around and back up kiddie transport system. Always been a fan of the early Corollas (4AGE and light weight) and when talk came up of the need for a cheapish run around I figured I'd score one.

It's a high mileage example - 350,000 kms - and is showing its age:

* rust above the rear wheel arches;

* CV joints are getting noisy (have sourced a replacement passenger side shaft and looking for drivers side to get reco'd);

* brake booster is leaking so power assist is not always there (anyone got a spare?);

* shocks gone (any suggestions on budget replacements?);

* drivers seat rattles about a bit - need to look at the seat rails;

* engine is leaking some oil, and occasionally stutters at idle (not consistently mind you) - but goes well;

It needs new tyres as it has cheapies (and wider tyres on the rear - 195s) that are a little dodgy in the wet.

It is a rough little beast, but I like its boxy 80s charm. My 2 year old son loves it, he always wants to go in the "White Bomb", not the more civilised Outback.

I've recently started hill climbing with SDMA so I'd like to eventually set the Rolla up for that, but for now it is just a fun little runaround.

If I get the chance, hope to come along to a cruise or a meeting to say g'day.

Cheers,

Todd

post-1738-1149768677_thumb.jpgpost-1738-1149769189_thumb.jpg

post-1738-1149769292_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toddski

Nice pics mate :ninja:

Welcome aboard once again :bash:

I think I know that house in the pics, it is very familiar, I think I may have looked at it to rent a few years back, could be wrong though.

Feel free to post pics of your other cars too if you like, just start a new thread in the Canberra section.

Cheers

Geoff

Welcome to Rolla Club :thumbsup:

Think I may have seen this one down south with a for sale sign on it.

Thanks for the welcome.

Pretty likely the same - it was for sale for a while way down south - one of those suburbs that is almost Tharwa (can't remember which one). I saw it on All Classifieds for a while but wasn't in the market for another car. Then when I got the go ahead it had sold - but luckily the sale fell through. Looked at 2 Twin Cams on the weekend I bought mine - the other car I looked at was red and a little more expensive but had a pod filter, cat warmer exhaust tip and evidence of accident repair - none of which interested me.

Unfortunately my "bargain" needs some work, but I figured that would be the case and low entry cost and staggered repairs are helping keep money in the mortgage account.

But the dream of a "budget" road/race car is slowly becoming a reality.

Rolla Boy: Unless that was prior to 2000 (we bought the house way back then) very unlikely - but our house looks like many houses in that suburb. I might post pics of the other cars in another thread - but I'd probably be embarrassed (97 Outback family car, 02 Pug 206CC wifes car, meccano set Triumph Spitfire lurking somewhere - 4 cars for 2 people, we just like subsidising the ACT gov...).

Cheers,

Todd

Edited by Toddski

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'm Ashley. Known as stackas because of the way i ride my motorbike and BMX.

I live in weston creek area.

I always owned V8s but my wife has this ke70 as her first car. it already had sports suspention and exhast. the car had 10000km put on it in the first 10 yrs. even though it has had 2 resprays.

I bought a 3sgte for it and a supra box and brakes. then so i could take the car of the road i bought my wife a celica.

I plan to join SDMA and also do some track days at wakefeild.

even though it seems not many people from this club own a 3sgte I enjoy this club so much more than toymods

see you all at the next meeting

Hi Ashley,

Welcome! Sounds like a very interesting KE70. Look forward to seeing it.

I'm a member of the SDMA, raced once (in a mates RX7) and have entered my AE82 Twin Cam in this Sunday's event - hopefully it will pass scrutineering (and then survive the meet). They're a pretty friendly club.

If anyone is going to be there on Sunday, come say hello - I'll have the white Twinky (now sitting a little lower) with hopefully RollaClub stickers on it (they're in the post I believe).

Cheers,

Todd

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. The names Phil. Moved to canberra earlier this year, found this site a while ago. Um.....I think it's great. Haven't had much chances to get out so I know anyone here (apart from the knobs I work with). I work in a factory in Fyshwick making vinyl wrapped kitchen and vanity doors. www.duratechindustries.com.au. I drive a ke-70 late (ae-71 front end) thats completly stock. It goes alright for what it is. Needs work. Um....what else is there? i'm 25. Um............thats about it (Oh yeah and my girlfriend amy is awesome... she can edit stuff!!)

Edited by philba