Are You A New Act Or Regional Area Member?

Trendact

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

=D *tips hat to Trendact*

Heyhey fellas

I spose it's about time that I introduce myself hehe

My name is Dave. I'm a rollaholic. ;)

Lived in the northside all my life.

I wanted to come to last nights meeting but it was all too sudden to plan for - also in the wife and kid boat..hehe

I own a white 86' AE82 Twincam Hatchback (with 100kw smallport) which I recently purchased. Very much enjoying this. I plan on doing some work on the body, touch up the little bits of rust and respray some little bits here and there. I have several other ideas for this car as well as the unaffordable aspiration of throwing in a turbo kit + GZE pistons......maybe one day....

My other car is also an 86' AE82, but of the 4AC CS SECA persuasion. I want to sell this car, so lemme know if you or anyone you know might be interested :lol:

For a living, I work for Telstra in IT

I'm also a member of twincam.org and AE82 Owners Club

Also, I sure as hell hope there will be some cruises happening. I always feel like I just want to go for a drive for no particular reason hehe. Hopefully I'll be able to hook up some stickers off one of you guys as well :down:

Edited by xdave

G'day all,

I just joined rolla club and figured Id drop by this thread and say hello.

Ill start with: My name is Ben and I have an AE82 SE. Yes thats a single cam 4a-c engine (for now)

The car has (to cut a post from my "How much has your conversion cost" thread on twincam because I don't have time to type it all out)

Car:: AE82 Corolla SE With 4A-C

All labour done by me as I am now a qualified mechanic.

Brakes:

Rear Drum to Disc conversion $200

Twincam Callipers, hubs and discs $100

Superstrut Callipers $200 (in garage, not car yet :D )

Discs for superstruts and machining $500 or so (at a guess)

Brakefluid $Free

Suspension:

Whiteline Springs and KYB Shocks all round $1000 (yeah, I got ripped hard... live and learn)

Rear Whiteline adjustable sway bar $220

Front Whiteline Sway bar $200

Rear Whiteline Strut brace $180 ( I think, forget that one just now)

Front Twincam Strut Brace $40

Wish I had known about all the suspension people when I bought all that ^ gear.

ICE:

Kenwood Head Unit $200

Sony Head Unit $Free (well i fitted a torque split controller to a mated R32 gtr and that was payment lol)

Alpine 6*9's and custom parcel shelf inc carpet $300

Focal 6' Splits in pods $500

Front SW20 MR2 Seats (passengers in car, drivers in bedroom :wink: ) $300

Momo Steering Wheel + boss $150

Quickshift $Free will = profit if i ever get off my ass and build a stack of them.

Wheels and Tyres:

14' Twincam alloys $50

Tyres on those $400

16' Simmons B16's $750

Tyres on those + rim repair + Rear guards lipped $850

Misc:

Bigport to st or bt quads adaptor $300 iirc

FXGT Sideskirts $100 (not fitted yet)

LHS wing mirror and Instrument cluster with tacho $100

Turbo Manifold $400

Petrol used trying to kill 4A-C $bloody heaps

Total = $6800.

And I still havent got a 20v 4agte in yet...

It still scares me when I work out how much i have spent on that car :yes:

Anyway, As i I said above I'm a qualified mechanic and am now at anu studying engineering because the thought of consistant work and decent money was just so scary i decided to be a broke student for a few years lol.

I'm currently sorting out a few issues on a mates Nissan Gazelle (S12)... interesting car.... so that I can drive that and take the 'rolla off the road for the 20v conversion so thats a project for the summer, but before that I REALLY have to get in touch with john wilson for engineering certification of the car as well.

/end life story lol.

I'm interested in cruises and meeting other corolla people around town.

Edited by Moppitt

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Ben, Welcome aboard....post some pics up of your car :yes:

I like Gazelle's....what are you doing to your mates one? My mates one is in the process of being boosted at the moment :y:

Here ya' go.

corolla2platehiddenmz7.jpg

^^^^ Getting closer to starting the 20v conversion... its getting exciting (and scary) now :hmm:

The gazelle is pretty just getting back to been roadworthy which to do so all I really have left is a steering rack adjustment, 4 tyres and a good clean up. Its really a pretty nice car to drive for something that is almost as old as I am (the cars an 85 model, I'm an 84 model lol), a boosted one would be a hell of a thing. The thing about the Gazezlle is that it really feels like a nicely balanced chassis backed by a torquey (compared to my 4ac lol) but not overly powerful engine. Of course its always nice to drive a car where your right foot controls just the amount of understeer you get :o. Kinda like a much less powerful/grippy/nice/fast (basically less good) version of the M3 =)

• 6 months later...

Hey Everyone

I'm dave most people call me hodgo....been lovin rolla's for only a short time but real keen to get into them...finding it hard to get myself started so i figured you guys could help me out. Lovin the ke55 but hard to find in canberra for a couple hundred bucks that work jsut to see if there for me or not. Also seems like a top notch club so if i can get a rolla and getstarted u will all see a lot more of me. Any help appreciated. Make me a believer lol. You can either pm me on here or send me some info at [email protected]

Hey Everyone

I'm dave most people call me hodgo....been lovin rolla's for only a short time but real keen to get into them...finding it hard to get myself started so i figured you guys could help me out. Lovin the ke55 but hard to find in canberra for a couple hundred bucks that work jsut to see if there for me or not. Also seems like a top notch club so if i can get a rolla and getstarted u will all see a lot more of me. Any help appreciated. Make me a believer lol. You can either pm me on here or send me some info at [email protected]

hey mate

most of us canberra fellas now make up "Canberra Toyota Club"

you can find us all over at http://ctc.smfforfree4.com/

:(

• 1 month later...