Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wire Wheel

Featured Replies

post-8596-1256468387.jpgpost-8596-1256468387.jpg

Hey All,

Picked up some wire wheels the other day for the right price(FREE!!) but I am having some trouble identifiying their fitment vehicle. Just wondering if anyone can give me a hand or point me to someone that can.

Specs:

Chrome Finish

14X7-72 Spoke

4X120mm(4.75") pcd

75mm(3.00") B/S

-12.5(0.50") O/S

Stamped W.R. Grace & Co. 1974

I looked them up and only found reference to an US Chemicial company that was being sued and bankrupted.

Thanks for any help. Cheers, Peter.

post-8596-1256468399.jpg

post-8596-1256468417.jpg

only car i heard of having 4 x 120 pcd, was mazda 121/rx5 and the 929 of the same era, very hard to find wheels to suit as nothing was the same

only car i heard of having 4 x 120 pcd, was mazda 121/rx5 and the 929 of the same era, very hard to find wheels to suit as nothing was the same

 

 

:S rx5 wheels are near impossible to find. Hence you wouldn't have much trouble selling these on Ausrotary.com

i just did a bit of internet searching and found that the 4x120 pcd avail on rx5's as above and mid to late 70's hondas.

 

i want looking at stuff like jags, mgs, triumphs ect but coudn't find anything in 4x120 that would suit these wheels.

  • Author

I came up with the same infomation but it took some effort. I found through a contact in the US that the chemicial company W.R Grace & Co also made automotive rubber products and rims. They are no longer in existance.

Thanks for all your effort, I really appreciate it.

Cheers.

seen these exact wheels on a mg roadster sportster thingy today

post-8596-1256468387.jpgpost-8596-1256468387.jpg

Hey All,

Picked up some wire wheels the other day for the right price(FREE!!) but I am having some trouble identifiying their fitment vehicle. Just wondering if anyone can give me a hand or point me to someone that can.

Specs:

Chrome Finish

14X7-72 Spoke

4X120mm(4.75") pcd

75mm(3.00") B/S

-12.5(0.50") O/S

Stamped W.R. Grace & Co. 1974

I looked them up and only found reference to an US Chemicial company that was being sued and bankrupted.

Thanks for any help. Cheers, Peter.

 

G`day mate, I had a quick look around and came up with a bit of info on the manufacturer of the wheels. Check out the website attached http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4275931.html It appears the W.R.Grace and Co. came up with a wire spoke wheel that is suitable for use with tubeless tyres. Good stuff because the old wire laced directly to the rim used to chew up tubes like mad. Rim bands only slowed the process a bit.

A guy that I worged with many years back had a set of these on a Corona mk11 and they looked pretty schmick, but were a pain in the proverbial to keep clean. I tried to fit them on my Mazda 121 coupe( same as RX5) when he eventually crached his car but they were obviousle the wrong pcd. Dam shame coz they would have looked great. I dare say that they will be worth some good bucks to someone in the "chook cooker" circle, so don`t give them away.

Anyway, cheers.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.