Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Man I Miss This Heap

Featured Replies

Haven't driven it since I sent it off the road bending a frame rail and front suspension in July. I'm sentimental these days, it's about a year since I got it now and life was good. Put 15k on it in half a year, got pulled over many times and generally had a blast driving it as often as possible.

 

img242Medium.jpg

 

kmstand.jpg

 

DSC_0157-2.jpg

 

lol, when I killed the clutch and put it away for some weeks last winter:

snow2.jpg

 

Right now I've got a Benz W124 that treats me okay (when I don't attempt burnouts), another KE70 that I'm building and a lowrider POS Daihatsu 'show car' that needs some TLC. I know it's not rational, but I want to do a 700 km road trip to get the white KE from my buddies crib and re-build it. It might have to go in a jig and have surgery on the frame rail if I've f@$ked it up badly enough, that's gonna be expensive for a high mile KE70. Still I want to rebuild this, sell the other KE70 and sell the Benzo and use the white KE as a daily instead, then I'd be at the same point I was a year ago. Or take some parts off this, sell the Daihatsu, use the other KE as a show car and keep the Benz? hmmm.. I need some guidance from the Corolla boys here!! I really want to save the white car anyway, so motivate me here :yes:

 

They look so happy together don't they? :wink:

playmates.jpg

Edited by eiriksmil

  • Author

Nice try but I got this to go sideways in :yes:

IMG288-2.jpg

 

I do miss something nimble to go sideways in though.. hmmm :wink:

Oh, and super nice Charade mate, clean and low.

Edited by eiriksmil

Even though its slow and rusty, my KE70 makes me happy whenever I hop in for a drive. This is most days, but if I haven't driven it for a few days I miss it, I too know the irrational love for KE70's. It is soo slow in a straight line, but nothing beats listening to the little k engine sing through some nice twisty corners.

 

Do ittt, road trip sounds epic, do an awesome write up again.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

So about a week ago, my buddy calls me.. I've just driven your Corolla he says. f@$k no I say.. Yup he says, I changed out the bent parts for ya [i'm still 350kms away from him].. So on Sunday we drove it down here and started working on it, got some lights working, removed the tow hook which was hanging in a rope, now we're gonna try the 'straightening frame rail with a chain' method.. :y:

 

f@$k I'm so happy these days.. It's ALIIIIVE :y:

 

IMG019-2.jpg

Edited by eiriksmil

now we're gonna try the 'straightening frame rail with a chain' method.. :y:

I love that old trick, don't forget to brace up the part you just straightened out by welding some plate steel on either side of the section that was bent......

 

And measure it up before you weld just to be sure it is in fact straight...... :y:

 

Keep us posted

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.