Blew Welsh Plug

jono1986

hey guys, me and my dad have just finished rebuilding my 3k motor and was cranking it. It started a little bit but the timing was way off so we fixed that, and when we wanted to get the motor a bit warmer my dad revved it a little bit and all i felt was coolant all over my legs as the welsh plug from the head popped out. Now what could be wrong?? i got the head rebuilt from just heads do you think they would of put a new one in their or the old one just gave way, a bit out of my knowledge base so please help to what could of happened?? like i said it's a 3k from a ke35 1978

Members dont see this ad

Alright well, my dads going to take the head off tomorrow and we're going to put it a new welsh plug and make sure its in properly, i'll give just heads a call aswell just to see if they put a new one in. Another thing is when i picked the plug up it was like a concave shape with no edges like a cup shape it was just pretty flat, if you need a photo i'll get one

post-9470-1257934651.jpg

Edited by jono1986

Another thing is when i picked the plug up it was like a concave shape with no edges like a cup shape it was just pretty flat, if you need a photo i'll get one

post-9470-1257934651.jpg

That's the way they were designed. Ticking time bomb.

Be thankful it happened at home while stationery. Out on the road it could easily cost you a motor.

hey guys, thanks for the replies went to sprint auto they didn't have them then repco then motor mate, toyota said they don't exist and it's a k head or something, then motor traders and they said they know of a guy Graham Matthews, gave him a call and got a brass dish one fits perfectly. oh and can't fit a C shape one in there not enough room