Wiring Question

demuire

Have big doubts if anyone here can help me, but thought I'd throw the question up anyway. Currently wiring up a small port 4AGE loom into a KE35 Corolla, have a few questions:

1) 4AGE has bipolar (or something) ign barrel, can I just wire both circuits up to my ign barrel? They run through a 40A and 30A fusible link, do I need to run these fusible links too? I've got a 100A circuit breaker on the battery (in the boot). I don't have the 4AGE fuse box so don't have any fusible links or fuses or relays at the moment.

2) 4 wires that I think go to the ign barrel in the 4AGE. I have IGN (B-O) and ST1 (B-W), do I wire up the other two (both B-R, one big, one small) to AM and ACC?

3) Input power to the EFI loom

- 10A Ignition - do I just take this off any wire that has power on IGN on?

- 15A EFI - is this a constant power source?

4) EFI Main relay, can I just use a 30A generic relay?

5) Circuit Opening Relay, I would assume I need to find/buy one of these, I can't run a generic relay?

6) I have a whole heap of wires that I think are meant to go to the dash (or somewhere thereabouts). I have identified tacho and fuel wires, any one have any idea what the rest are?

7) Next to the distributor plug there is a 6-pin plug, what is this?

So as far as I can tell I need to wire in the ign barrel (4 wires?), and the 4 power sources (10A IG, 15A EFI, 15A STOP and 7.5A GAUGE) and I should be set as far as power goes? Where do the big white wires go? I know they're meant to be to power, but they don't seem to go anywhere in the actual engine loom?

Thanks

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 years later...
Have big doubts if anyone here can help me, but thought I'd throw the question up anyway. Currently wiring up a small port 4AGE loom into a KE35 Corolla, have a few questions:

1) 4AGE has bipolar (or something) ign barrel, can I just wire both circuits up to my ign barrel? They run through a 40A and 30A fusible link, do I need to run these fusible links too? I've got a 100A circuit breaker on the battery (in the boot). I don't have the 4AGE fuse box so don't have any fusible links or fuses or relays at the moment.

2) 4 wires that I think go to the ign barrel in the 4AGE. I have IGN (B-O) and ST1 (B-W), do I wire up the other two (both B-R, one big, one small) to AM and ACC?

3) Input power to the EFI loom

- 10A Ignition - do I just take this off any wire that has power on IGN on?

- 15A EFI - is this a constant power source?

4) EFI Main relay, can I just use a 30A generic relay?

5) Circuit Opening Relay, I would assume I need to find/buy one of these, I can't run a generic relay?

6) I have a whole heap of wires that I think are meant to go to the dash (or somewhere thereabouts). I have identified tacho and fuel wires, any one have any idea what the rest are?

7) Next to the distributor plug there is a 6-pin plug, what is this?

So as far as I can tell I need to wire in the ign barrel (4 wires?), and the 4 power sources (10A IG, 15A EFI, 15A STOP and 7.5A GAUGE) and I should be set as far as power goes? Where do the big white wires go? I know they're meant to be to power, but they don't seem to go anywhere in the actual engine loom?

Thanks

For digging in the crates sake....

I'll reply to this in the hopes it will help someone else :)

1) The 4age ignition circuit described runs straight off the ignition switch with no fuses according to the wiring diagram though in the ke35 ignition circuit there is only a single pole ignition feed so you can wire up you ignition circuit to this and if you are wiring any additional ignition circuits to it you would just run inline fuses or add on relays depending on current draw.

2) The wires described - Black red are a switched feed between relays i.e. the bigger black/red wire runs between the efi relay and the circuit opening relay and the smaller wire branches off and feeds power to other consumers on the engine. It also runs back to the ecu.

3) Yes and yes. Make sure they are fused though.

4) Yes.

5) Go to the local wrecking yard, source either an ae92, ae95 or ae101 and get the relay+base w/harness from those corollas. in the 92/95 the c/o relay is located behind the center console in front of the ecu and in the ae101 its in the same area but bolted to the dash frame usually where the stereo is mounted... i think the 101 relays are green and the 92/95 are black.

Make sure you cut off around 10cm of harness so you can join your wiring in. They are all the same wiring colors as the wiring diagrams too!

6) umm well it depends what you want to wire up. Typical dash wiring include tacho, oil pressure light, coolant temp, batt light, etc. if you are not sure which wire is which then identify each sensor on the motor and follow it back.... always check through a continuity test to identify which one is which before connecting them.

7)off the top of my head.... nfi not without looking at it.

and lastly yes thats pretty much the ignition circuit covered. The big fat white wires run from the alternator to the fuse boxes both inside the car and engine bay. They are supply feeds for the fuse blocks.

The majority of 4a engine wiring diagrams can be found on the club4ag site:) the most difficulty is wiring them into body looms as nobody seems to post up scans of model specific body wiring diagrams i.e. light circuits, wiper circuits, a/c circuits etc. which sucks!