My Red Clean Ke-70

ke71-rolla

Hi, my names Steven and i have an addiction for Corollas.......it's been going for around 2 years now and i liiiike it :D

What do i want from the corolla?? Nice daily, but of course something which you can have fun in, not obsessed with the drift scene in my rolla currently, maybe one day but not for me right now.

Bought her at the start of winter, came with 15" 195's, from there i've fitted a webber.....taken it off, fitted a strut brace, left it on, cleaned her, installed some 6x9" speakers, a tacho dash and a TRD sports steering wheel :jamie:

Done around 120 000k's original, owned by an old guy out in the country

Body is all good, NO rust!!!??

My plans?

Fix the suspension, ie lowered and new shocks

New Bushes!!!, get some pretty intense bump steer through the hills atm....i think thats from crappy bushes???

install some 6" speakers and a sub.......4" speakers in the original mounts are unoticeable!!!

Considering a flat front conversion, and if i do got some chrome bumpers lined up....mmmm shick

Spirit wing

Zorts, extractors + 2" pipe

New intake and fuel delivery system, currently have a weber sitting on a manifold in the shed, might put that on the rolla see what happens

slowly mod the block and head of the engine, but first thing first is comfort, nothing insane at the moment. Might even put a 5k in instead?

post-8272-1259936269_thumb.jpg

post-8272-1259936291_thumb.jpg

post-8272-1259936322_thumb.jpg

post-8272-1259936345_thumb.jpg

post-8272-1259936371_thumb.jpg

Edited by ke71-rolla

Members dont see this ad
hey man nice ride wish mine was that overrated or hopefully will be in the near future lol, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking

perfect granny spec imo

Never seen a granny spec car with a strut brace before :D

Neat rig mate. Nice to hear someone admit they are not into the car for the drift scene. Seems that everyone that gets a Esev thinks they have to say they want to drift it just to fit in.

Also be aware there is another "red rocket" in Adelaide. Can't remember his username but it's a 35/55 coupe.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to swap a weber that was lying aroundin my shed for a set of Ra40 front struts, seem to be in working order and such.

Also purchased a 32/32 DGAV weber today, might try and install on sunday night.

Just need to sus out how these struts are gonna work and all that, previously bolted into a ke55 coupe.... :P

Also located a "Spoiler Spec Louver" which i will HOPEFULLY be purchasing soon!! Also got a spirit wing to match!! :y:

Also gonna swap my crap offset S13 alloys for some MA61 rims, hell yeah!

So all in all everything is moving forward, small things at the moment, going to try and lower the girl soonish....depends what happens with the front struts!

I'll get some photo's up tomorrow, too late, dark and tired atm!!

• 1 month later...

Installed my spoler spec. louver, all thanks to Luke for selling it to me; also planning on buying a short shifter from him in a week or so!!

Need to figure out how i'm gonna install the spirit wing, currently i think i'll just make a template up and work it out from there, any other suggestions?

Now have rear springs, pedders low

Hopefully order the weber adaptor plate next week, FINALLY!!!

Installed a cheap subzors, every car needs a sub to rattle their boot to bits -_-

Front suspension is all sussed out-

RA40 Struts/LCA's/Tie rod tubes and ends

Just need to measure some stock ke70 front springs, and get around to measuring my mates ra40 stock ones

post-8272-1265610962_thumb.jpg

post-8272-1265611002_thumb.jpg

post-8272-1265611024_thumb.jpg

post-8272-1265611047_thumb.jpg

Edited by ke71-rolla

• 3 weeks later...

Ok then:

Installed the webber, just need to find some longer studs because the ones supplied with the adaptor plate werent long enough -_-; search for those tomorrow.

Bought myself some "peppershaker" alloys off of an old Mitsubishi Sigma GSR, look sex

Installed my lowered rear springs, havent driven the car yet (no carby :hmm:), but they sit at a good legal daily height, and arent too harsh by the feels of things

Go look at the price of some new front inserts and springs tomorrow, wanna get that sorted soon.

Will upload some pictures when i can move the car!!!

Peace out dudes

Edited by ke71-rolla

• 1 month later...

Ooook really need to get some nice pics of the car, replaced the shocks all around with monroe, front lovelle springs, rear pedders.

Gonna look at and replace/repair the brake system; give the car a good service and tune.

If the car is lucky i might even vacuum the interior.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMM!!???

Also on the list is to possibly install my ra40 arms i have sitting around, replacing the balljoints at the same time. Also install a rear adjustable panhard rod.

Then probably in about a month, go through and replace all the bushes which havent been done....and HOPEFULLY she will be running sweet for the next few years....until i decide to pull out my 4k-c and chuck in a 5k :(

• 2 months later...