Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2k Toyota Starlet Engine

Featured Replies

Hey guys.

 

Newbie here. I need some advice. I need to know just how far a 2k Toyota Starlet - 993cc or thereabouts - can be bored out to.

 

I believe that the K series - 1071cc has a bore stroke of 75/66mm, and the 3k 1166cc has a bore/stroke of 66/79mm. The 2k Starlet I believe is 72/61mm. Can the 2K block be bored out safely to 1296cc or 75 bore/73 stroke?

 

I am very resticted with the block type or model, hence the K or 2K series the only real options.

 

Advice in this area is much appreciated.

 

thanks,

 

Brad

I am very resticted with the block type or model, hence the K or 2K series the only real options.

 

Why can't you just fit a 4k?

 

Seems like a hell of a lot of work to essentially build your own 4k, which is 1290CC IIRC.

I'm guessing he's constrained by more than just availability of motors?

 

Yeh you should have no trouble taking it out to 1290 or thereabouts, you could probably swap the 4K crank into it as well, as far as I know the K-4K blocks are essentially the same?

  • Author

Taz. I am very restricted. I have an historic sports racing car that runs a K series block, and the regs state that the block must be the same as original, in bore/stroke, so putting in a 3 or 4k block - which would be logical, is illegal. I can however put in a 2K block & take it out to 1100/1150cc, which is what i am looking at.

 

Philbey, thanks for the info. i thought it may be OK too, as i am under the impression that all of the blocks are the same, just the bore size is different.

 

thanks for the feedback guys.

 

Brad

Have a look here for bore- strokes http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit...K_Series/Blocks

 

If you bore a 2k to 75mm youll get a K block by the looks of it.

 

longer stroke means taller block unless you find a compatible piston with a lower pin height.

 

So no, not all k blocks are the same

Edited by tojo2

No, I don't know, just assuming.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.