My Mates 1999 Toyota Corolla Seca

ROLLN'03

Hey, as i mentioned once before, my mate just brought a 1999 toyota seca and he decided that he wants to be more quicker, or GONE as he states it!

Ive googled it and the best possible solution is that the toyota starlet turbo engine should bolt up fairly easy....... but he doesnt want to lose displacement.....

He really love a 4age turbo but its guna cost him..

Does anyone know of anyone else who has done any upgrades to one of these models??

I'm sure it would be alot of messing around to get it turbo charged - roughly $10k...

Members dont see this ad
Do they have the same engine mounts? Because that would be a great starting point if they did, and once it is working, he can switch it to a turbo without to much trouble! ....

Thanks

Yes, they have the same engine mounts. turbocharging a 4agze would be a bit difficult since this engine is a supercharged one and has an intercooler mounted at the top of the engine. try looking for a 4agte which is the turbo version of the 4age.

Z - supercharger

T - turbocharger

this is if your mates engine is a 4afe.

if its a 2e engine, a good swap is the 4efte. same engine mounts.

The switch from the supercharger to the turbo is pretty much straight forward as it is all there....

just make up a turbo manifold to suit and get a suitable turbo.

The 4agze engine is a good strong starting point for a nice power making turbo engine :D

(i am very familiar with the 4age engine) :D

WELL, lets just say that ANYTHING can be found on GOOGLE! :y:

I found everything from full direct bolt on turbo kits for the 4afe engine starting from $2500 and a full article on engine conversions from the 4afe to the 4age and 4agze....

Thanks for your help guys, I'm sure that my friends rolla will be almost flying soon..... :thumbsup: