Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke 55 Engine Swap

Featured Replies

I hav a issue, I hav a ke 55 5spd manual with a 4k motor that is

in heaps good nick but terribly slow, lol, nd also I hav one of those

shit house lookin pointy rwd celicas with a smooth running

18r 5spd in it,

question I ask tha rola world is....

Rebuild a mild worked 4k or use tha 18r nd do sum work

to that????

 

Any tips on if these motors fit or bit tricky is much appriciated

 

 

Cheers, BiG Jace

Iv never done one, and havent looked at the figures, so the best i can offer you is hearsay. apparently, they fit fairly bloody well, and go off tap if you want them to. but if you have a RWD celica, why would you do anything to it, unless it is 1980 to 1985, in which case they look like crap, and totally drop it in.

but like i said, sadly all hearsay. sorry man. lemme know which way you go, I'm lookin for different engines for my KE55 as well

I hav a issue, I hav a ke 55 5spd manual with a 4k motor that is

in heaps good nick but terribly slow, lol, nd also I hav one of those

shit house lookin pointy rwd celicas with a smooth running

18r 5spd in it,

question I ask tha rola world is....

Rebuild a mild worked 4k or use tha 18r nd do sum work

to that????

 

Any tips on if these motors fit or bit tricky is much appriciated

 

 

Cheers, BiG Jace

 

since your having hard trouble with your spelling i think you will have more problems with a engine swap. take it to a mechanic and sit home and read through dictionary

  • 2 weeks later...

spent $1500 on my 4k and making around 80bhp. my advice is to mod the other engine as it will cost about the same and make more power. to mine i shaved 40tho off the head cam with 375 lift at the valve i think full rebuils 32-36 weber carby. acid diped all engine componets. and other little things just need a full exhaust to finis it off

since your having hard trouble with your spelling i think you will have more problems with a engine swap. take it to a mechanic and sit home and read through dictionary

 

 

jeez mate lighten up, its the age of text speak and bad grammar. We just have to deal with it. How is his possible typing mistake relevant to his mechanical ability? As far as i know this site doesnt have a spell check option either.

 

Sorry BiG Jace i don't have any advice I wish i did. Good luck on your tyre thrasher and link us some youtube pics of it blowing some diffs! can't wait.

 

 

And Evan G shouldn't you have written "AN engine swap" not "A engine swap"?

Unless your going to use an 18R-G head, with side draughts or EFI and a nice set of extractors, I recommend a 5k.

 

5K = Big brother to the 4K. Bolts straight in. Unlike the 18r. Able to be registered without engineering or mod plating, unlike the 18r.

 

5k's are getting more common these days. Cam it, Carb it, Extractors, 1.75-2" exhaust, HD clutch. Shouldnt have any problems keeping up with traffic.

 

Then again, it all comes down to the driver.

 

As for the text talk, If I tork lyk dis cn peepl undastan me beta?

Edited by SLO-030

I'm with Evan- there is no excuse for text-talk but if you're that cool, that's fine...

 

To me its akin to watching an African with an oil filter in his hand and knowing he is completely incapable of reading the figures on the box or of measuring it to see if it will fit. He can screw it on, but he hasn't got the communication skills to know if it is the correct one.

 

Anyway Jace, the KE55 doesn't weigh much so modding the 4K will keep it up with the traffic and give you a lot of fun, but if you want to go fast it will need cubic inches. How fast do you want to go?? Traffic light drags against 'P'-plated Commodores, endless burnouts round and round, or touge racing through the hills of Adelaide??

 

The 5K will make easy driving power and the 18R give you most power if you spend enough.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Cheers for the advice people, but got a offer for the 55

I couldn't refuse, so I moved on nd will find the next

project,

 

o and 'even g'

UR A STUPID PIECE OF GUTTER SHIT!!!

Wen u die I'll be sure to miss spell my crap

all over ur foreva unvisited grave!!

haha! Jace!

 

Can't resist this-

 

"Redwarf Group: Global Moderator" said-

 

And people wonder why I want to ban anything that involves South Australia. Get rid of you guys and it would be peace, love and mung beans in here.

 

By the way, punctuate, use capitals and don't shorten words. It makes you look like an illiterate pleb.

 

and buy a KE70 as the next project!

o and 'even g'

UR A nice PIECE OF GUTTER chips!!!

Wen u die I'll be sure to EAT my crap

all over ur foreva unvisited grave!!

 

edit^^^^^

 

HAHAHAHAH lol some one is abit angry :dance:

bahahahhaa that made my day LOL

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.