Cop Bait Ke70

B.L.Z.BUB

was gonna get up today and finish my door cards but was pissing down and my carport where I'm making them isnt that water tight. Went for a repco mission. Tried to find some 10mm M4 bolts. Painted all my plastic trim. That was about it. Hopefully door cards will be finished tomorrow. Then thats the majority of the interior done. BTW I didnt use shit spray cans on the interior plastic, proper plastic trim primer and paint and spent ages washing them down and prepping. 28 years of crud, you should of seen the inside of the steering column cover, my god! Feels good cleaning everything down, might have a new car smell afterwards.

P03_01_10_14.39.JPG

P03_01_10_16.09.JPG

PISS OFF RAIN... one week of holidays left, want this interior nailed.

Edited by blzbub666

Members dont see this ad

random pic of the 5 speed. I have no idea how to put it in but ive got a workshop manual and a pure heart ha ha ha. Shouldnt be too hard just gonna suck doing it myself. If it rains tomorrow ill get onto this with degreaser. I hope its not a dud, came free with the car.

SDC13318.JPG

HOW I MADE MY DOOR CARDS

You'll need : (ive added what i paid too)

a sheet of 3mm MDF ($7.20)

the material you want to cover them with (for me black vinyl 3m $44.85 from spotlight)

6mm staples and staple gun (about 20 bucks)

On a budget like me, some old towels, if not some 5mm foam is about 15 bucks a meter.

Handles, mine are chrome kitchen door handles cost $2.90 each.

A jig saw, a drill with an 8mm and 10mm drill bit, a stanley knife (these will cost what they cost)

Step one, remove the old door cards and take the plastic trim off the wood, but be careful not to crack the wood this is your template.

Lay the door wood on the sheet of MDF and trace the outline and also the winder hole and the holes for the plastic clips.

SDC13319.JPG

You will need to line the plastic trim back up on the wood to trace the hole for the door handle.

SDC13320.JPG

As i am making mine not too hook over the top of the door you'll need to make an extra hole for a clip on the top. Just measure between the hole on the door and transfer to the MDF. I only done one extra hole as the winder holds on the other end but if you wanna do them all up to you.

SDC13321.JPG

Then cut it all out with the jigsaw. I stuck the template back on to drill out the clip holes just to be spot on. Drill through the side you are covering.

Then you have to drill larger holes next to them (i did 10mm but 14,, would be wayyyyyy better, all i had tho).

Then join the two holes with the jigsaw, about a 6mm gap.

SDC13323.JPG

SDC13325.JPG

SDC13326.JPG

Round off all the edges with some sandpaper. Fit all your clips now, if you are missing some repco sells them for about $3 for a box of 8. Take one down, there are heaps of different ones.

SDC13330.JPG

Lay your padding, in my case i used an old towel( don't laugh), staple it about 5-10mm from the edge, and around the handle and winder hole, and a few over it in the middle so it doesn't sag.

SDC13331.JPG

Get scissors or a stanley knife and trim excess.

SDC13332.JPG

Get a hammer and make sure all the staples are flush, add more if needed. Make sure you do this step or it will look terrible.

Lay it facedown on your covering and cut out the covering, i allowed for about 30-40mm excess all around.

SDC13334.JPG

Start stapling it on the flat edge, then move to the opposite side and get it tight. Keep checking the other side to make sure theres no loose spots. The round corners are "really fun" to do aswell, just cut it where it bunches up. You'll have to trim around the clips too.

SDC13337.JPG

Voila.

Cut an x in the door and winder holes and staple them back, the winder hole is a C**t to do. Add whatever handles you want and your done.

SDC13338.JPG

As you can see there was a loose spot so i just popped it off, popped the staples with a bread knife and retightened it.

SDC13340.JPG

SDC13341.JPG

I'm going to put a handle on the back door once i find some shorter bolts for the handle. The top of the doors i just stuck vinyl on with contact adhesive .This photo doesnt really do them justice, and I'm gonna pop the vinyl off the front one and smooth out those bumps at the top, its a learning curve as these are the first I've ever made.

And thats about it.

and the 5 speed after a can of degreaser. Was gonna do so much more today but i needed to move the rolla to the other side of the garage which meant moving everything out, which ended in me cleaning it yet again. I have tons more room now so the drivers side doors should be a breeze to do.

SDC13342.JPG

i got my carpet from http://www.knoxautocarpets.com.au/

tho i didnt get it through the website i found it on ebay. It cost 150 including postage I think, maybe less. For that price only budget weave (but who wants shag pile?) and only 3 colour choices, black, dark grey and a lighter grey. And had no holes cut out so keep your old carpet as a template. And yeah I'm looking for dashmat too. Think these dudes do them too. Or repco.

And dude honestly a sheet of 3mm MDF 2.4m x 1.2m $7.20, 3m of vinly from spotlight $44.85, contact adhesive $10, and then all ya need is a jigsaw, drill, staple gun and a few hours, (plus an old door card as a template and a few old towels!!!). Maybe I should make a thread how to do it...

Found these mirrors http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

mmmmmm chrome bars and quads, I'm looking at some quads, pricey tho.

ah sweet as bro, i mite hit it up ay, i hate the old standard dash matts i just need to find the time to do it lol, I'm so busy with work 10 - 12 hour days everyday lol. but yeah should be good when we both get them finished. ;)

as for the dash matts i asked about it i think there like $49.99 something like that but they are a good buy. well worth it. :lolcry:

Started on reassembly and putting the carpet in. What a mission. No holes were cut out of the carpet so thats a bit of a hassle. But got the drivers side nailed and just need to move the car to the other side of the garage again to finish the passenger side.

Door cards on and doors back together

SDC13380.JPG

Center console in.

SDC13382.JPG

Seat in.

SDC13383.JPG

Photo purely to show i put a RC sticker on.

SDC13384.JPG

Getting close to taking for rwc.

cheers all. I might just have to go for some car seat covers untill i get some new seats. I got the new plugs and leads in and gave the engine a degrease. Came up good, forgot to do the inside of the bonnet tho. Flushed out the radiator. Couldnt take it for a spin as the battery was dead flat. Back in the garage tomorrow for another coat of spray cans to tidy it up a bit for rwc. Soooo close to rolling!

SDC13401.JPG

Cleaned it down ready for paint

SDC13402.JPG

Finished giving the car a paint. Got her running. Took some pictures.

A big thanks to my neighbours mechanic friend who found a loose lead to my starter motor.

Fixed the tail light issue, all work fine now.

Secured head light bezels(?) in properly.

Gave her a clean.

SDC13419.JPG

SDC13423.JPG

SDC13422.JPG

SDC13420.JPG

SDC13415.JPG

pics came out ok.

And you gotta admit that paintjob is pretty sweet for shit $4 spray cans.

Still need a door hinge, a window washer squirty thingie (thats the technical term). Then ill take her in for a RWC.

Ill grab some seat covers and need a steering wheel. Also need a chrome rolla badge for the back.

Oh yeah and need to fix the accelerator pump.