Cop Bait Ke70

B.L.Z.BUB

I don't know why I'm posting that I'm getting new bits soon at 3:18am in the morning but I'm quite excited that i may have my car almost rwc ready. And the missus told me to go ahead with whatever i need to do to get it rwc. Soon as it is, she gets a new car. Quick if your from bris and got some nice 15"s let me know, because they are necessary for rwc....or so ill tell her....

I'm still looking for an accelerator pump or a whole new carbie for a 4kc. And if possible somone who can do a quick and nasty weld job on the sunny coast.

Members dont see this ad
and the 5 speed after a can of degreaser. Was gonna do so much more today but i needed to move the rolla to the other side of the garage which meant moving everything out, which ended in me cleaning it yet again. I have tons more room now so the drivers side doors should be a breeze to do.

post-8907-1262587147_thumb.jpg

Just a heads up on the k50. Looks like its out of a ke35 / 55 Shifter is a bit far forward for the ke70.

one like this will fit. http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/tq/17/116467717.jpg

Tailhousing and shifter from a ke70 k50 will fit your box.

Got some parts off Ella today. Got a 3k carb and raped the accelerator plunger out of it and stuck it in the 4k. Runs overrated now. Ran out of time to put the door hinge in but got the window washer thingie going. Try to sort the hinge this week, rwc on friday. Please rolla gods not too much to fix.

• 2 weeks later...

So......

I decided to put my door hinge on. Easy job right? Took out the bezels and shit to get the guard off.

P29_01_10_21.41.JPG

4 bolts for the bumper plus those two shit 10mm bolt on the guard? Plus disconnecting the indicators.

First problem. Stripped drivers side bolt....not by me, it was just stripped.

P29_01_10_21.40.JPG

So had to undo those 4 other bolts, you know the ones, in this awesome area with heaps of room. I know wrong side in pics, I realised the LHS of the bumber could unbolt easy as it wasnt stripped after about ten minutes, what an idiot.

P29_01_10_21.54.JPG

yes this is a hallway lamp that I decided to use as a work lamp, yes I burned myself on it. Several times.

P29_01_10_21.46.JPG

Finally got bumper off. took a few beers.

P29_01_10_22.38.JPG

Then got the wheel off to take off the guard, and snapped my cheap shit socket attachment for 10, 12 & 14 mm. Might spend more than 20 bucks next time.

P29_01_10_22.50.JPG

So yeah. Ground to a halt as i didnt wanna use ring spanners.

New good socket set tomorrow I think, hey, its my birthday so why not.

why not just remove the door leaving the hinges, then swap hinges then attach the door to the hinges (requiring a friend who doesnt mind holding the door and moving it around for a while

ive already half done it the hard way may as well keep going.