Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Other Toyota

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 69.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • So I got a week off before Xmas and went camping in the Victorian High Country. Spent seven nights without ever going to a town. No phones, computers, news or tv. Pure bliss. I took two books, the sat

Posted Images

  • Author

damn man! not good. still, i'm glad to hear all are well. what did the dogs think of it? :P what's next? tercel with a lift kit?

 

The dogs didn't even notice. Just a 4wd adventure to them. Luckily the postie wasn't on the back, so it was easy to get out the back door. Fully comp insured, so they will cover the 5 hours it took to recover.

 

Only had 207000 ks on the clock, so yeah mr shady, if it wasn't insured it'd be bashed out and driven.

 

I'm now thinking hilux xtra cab.

 

There was one injury. I managed to get my right leg out the window when it was going over to stop my torso going out. Don't know how i did it with a seat belt on, but I did.

 

Bruised foot and grazes. Mates have got more photos, so I will post soon. My camera was in the car.

 

Bamboo

Spewing about the accident, Good to see everyone was alright. This is easily my favourite thread. Just the pictures. Makes me want to do the same trip.

Good on you for getting out and doing it. I love the outdoors.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Well, I had some decisions to make. Did I get out of 'cruisers and change to a LUX. This came up. Rust free HJ75 trayback. I'd always wanted a tray. This one comes complete with about 6 inches of mud inside and a bent conrod. Still starts, but my what a rattle. It's registered until October.

 

I'm getting the troopa back from the insurance company, so I'm going to do some major swapping.

 

Engine

Springs

Axle assemblies (will keep the ute rear banjo diff with air locker)

shocks

duel battery set up

Duel tank set up

snorkel

A/C

Bullbar and high mount winch

CB

low K dash

Stereo

 

and that is just what I can think of.

 

More to come

 

Bamboo

post-9793-0-05624400-1329818034_thumb.jpg

post-9793-0-81790900-1329818076_thumb.jpg

post-9793-0-17020800-1329818129_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bamboo

How much did that set you back? If that's not too personal a question for you?

  • Author

How much did that set you back? If that's not too personal a question for you?

 

 

Not very much :happy:

oh yes. let the shenanigans begin

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Well I'm still waiting for the troopy to come back. The insurance company were dragging their feet paying the towing bill so the tow company held my car hostage. Can't blame them really, the tow bill was 3500 bucks!

 

Anywayz, the trooper is expected on Tuesday.

 

The ute? Well, I've "popped" the engine out (honestly this almost killed me, it weighs a A LOT more than a k engine.

 

I've cleaned underneath, sound deadend the floor and cleaned and painted the tray.

 

Bring on the trooper.

 

Boo

post-9793-0-92981200-1331438609_thumb.jpg

post-9793-0-96017600-1331438678_thumb.jpg

post-9793-0-51372100-1331438828_thumb.jpg

  • Author

If only you could unbolt the roof and flip the windscreen in every car.

 

I found the source of my water leaks in the cab. Windscreen frame is shagged.

 

It'll be patched up for now until I can save the money for a fibreglass replacement.

 

Boo

post-9793-0-96985000-1331544173_thumb.jpg

Good to hear things are progressing on this, I wasnt aware the windscreen was capable of doing that. One brute of a machine :y:

At least parts of the trooper will live on in the lux. it has a nice rugged old school workhorse look to it.

 

'Popped' the engine of the lux out? Sounds like an engine crane was not involved, care to share how you did it? I might need to remove an engine from a car later on, and I don't have an engine crane.

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Well,

 

Today was the day the trooper is no more. I'm just happy to have the thing outta my drive way. When I say strip, I mean strip. I took or sold everything!!

 

Slowly getting rid of unwanted parts through e-gay.

 

The troopers heart still beats in the white wonder. Got a camper for the back, so new adventures to come.

 

Although I must say, I don't know if I'll get used to all that luxury!

 

Gunna head north in a few months.

 

Bamboo

post-9793-0-86159400-1342075841_thumb.jpg

post-9793-0-71676300-1342075877_thumb.jpg

post-9793-0-50728400-1342075923_thumb.jpg

post-9793-0-76937300-1342075956_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.