Moving Numberplates, Drilling Holes In Bumper...

demuire

Was sitting in front of my car yesterday while the tailshaft loop was being finished off, and looking at my bumper.

At the moment, my oil cooler sits in the gap above the front spoiler:

04250005-vi.jpg

This all seemed like a great place to put it:

03180002-vi.jpg

Well... until the bumper went on:

03180007-vi.jpg

*doh*

Anyway, so there I was sitting there, and I thought maybe if I drill some holes in the bumper, I'll get more airflow to the oil cooler. Is it even legal to drill holes in your bumper?

And then I realised another thing, I can't really even drill many holes in the bumper, because the numberplate is in the way... Maybe I can move the numberplate too?

I think this whole idea is dodgy. What do you think?

Members dont see this ad

haha your friend is most definitely breaking the law, i've got friends who've been defected for that

found this in qld transport website

Legally, the characters on the number plate must be visible from 20 metres away at any point within an arc of 45 degrees from the surface of the plate, above or to either side of the vehicle. Number plates must be permanently attached to a vehicle so that when it is on level ground the plates are upright and parallel to the vehicles axles and not more than 1.3 metres above the ground.