4k Mods.

Dann_m

hey guys nd girls,

I'm in need of some help with my 4k, i've decided I'm going to go along with a webber carby for it. does any one know the dimensions of the air filter? so i can grab one of them dinner plate ones tomoro :lol:

also, what's the best size exhaust straight through to put on a 4k?

Members dont see this ad

Ah.. I'd like to know opinions on exhaust size too.

I'm going to plumb the extractors into the stock system until I can find a pipe bender to borrow and make something up- this is a real budget build!

Dan you'll need a cam cut to make the most of the carb change and extractors, can be either mild (2000rpm to 5000) or anything up to wild if you're building a race car. I wouldn't worry about a filter until I had the carb on if I were you, there may be better ideas come along as you organise it all. Are you going to do anything about a cold air intake or work the stock one into it?

A quick heads up on the carby filter too, the big round ones like you described have a nasty habit of breaking their bases due to vibration, so if you get one and have a cam cut to "lumpy" spec, don't expect your filter housing to last too long......

The little rectangular ones are just as effective, and won't shake themselves to bits, plus you can shine them up quite nicely.....

ah okay. Well i was thinking straight 2inch all the way. I was contemplating a mild cam because a few people told me it would make a difference. Does nyone know how much a mild cam cut would cost roughly nd were abouts i shud go?. Sorry I'm new to the car scene so little paitents goes along way cheers :lol:

ah okay. Well i was thinking straight 2inch all the way. I was contemplating a mild cam because a few people told me it would make a difference. Does nyone know how much a mild cam cut would cost roughly nd were abouts i shud go?. Sorry I'm new to the car scene so little paitents goes along way cheers :lol:

2 inch max really man from 4-2-1 extractors, i just got a price for my new exhurst to go on my heavly worked 4k and it was 498.33 cents including extractors and gst lol

oh true well that seems reasonable i guess, where abouts are you in? I'm in SE brisbane so I'm trying to find a half decent shop that wont charge me half a million. :thumbsup: i was think 2inch max aswell, to twin tips or just a dump.