Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For The Rally Guys

Featured Replies

I have sent the RAC footage guys an email to see if they can supply region 4 DVD's.

 

 

 

And the answer is, "All our DVDs are region free - which means they will play anywhere in the

world."

 

I might pick up a couple and see how they go. Though the neighbours may complain when I turn the stereo connected to the TV ALL the way up.

Surely everyone loves the sound of a decent 16v at full noise :dance:

  • 2 weeks later...

Well I bought the RAC Rally Championship 1976 and RAC Rally 1980 & 1981

 

 

F#$%^&G AWESOME

 

 

I can especially recommend the 1980/1981 DVD - lots of variety in the cars, and the start of the Quattro revolution. 1976 has a glimpse of a TE27 with massively flared guards.

 

Henri Toivonen was just sick. Tragic he died so young, but I bet he never backed off right up to the moment of his death. The Finnish guys are classic, so understated, yet you just know that underneath that reserve, they are pissing themselves laughing.

 

I grew up in this period, watching footage of the Southern Cross and went from watching guys like this to Greg Carr , Hugh Bell , Portman etc on the Alpine Rally, Akademus and so on. The noise through the forest at night will never leave me. Manning controls in the middle of the night, you never noticed the cold

 

You young guys don't know what you missed out on. Buy this and you will find out.

 

I suspect I will buy a few more........

  • Author

i guess every one has seen ken block on youtube

 

if not give it a go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuTc4VIdm-o

 

gets the blood flowing.

 

love it

 

And this is why I daily drive a rusty, beat, wrecked, ugly, 1984 Audi 4000s quattro Typ 81. 30 years after its introduction, pound for pound, dollar for dollar, it is still the greatest drive system ever developed. I lack the turbo of the the quattro coupe, and it is sorely missed, but the car responds like a underpowered gocart should, flat footed.

Rain, snow, sand, mud, asphalt, tarmac, none are of any concern; what and steer.

 

just my $0.02

 

oh and screw dancing with the ladies, I want my feet to do

Edited by gambit4000s

I've spent many a night on youtube killing hours watching every group B vid I could find. Group B was an amazing form of motorsport, such a shame about it coming to an end. I still don't understand why they didn't have tighter regulations about people being on the roads during a race, I wonder if it would still be around today in one form or another if they would have been more stringent keeping onlookers further off the track. mmm RWD and AWD 600+ hp rally cars head to head - what a spectacle - V8 super car power on gravel ;)

Toivonen won the 1980 RAC in a rear wheel drive Talbot and has to be seen to be believed.

 

Penti Arikkala starred in the 1981 British rally Championship in an outdated Escort, and did it on Avon road tyres. Then the Quattro came along and things were never the same.

  • Author

this is worth a watch and its a corolla |blink|

 

 

would love to know what the pace notes are/ what the co driver is saying

 

 

Lol there's what looks to be a KE70 parked on the left as the vid starts

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.